Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats. Before you hit the road....
Check the tire...no more than 5 years old
check the brakes and fluid...probably should flush the hydraulic system.
change the engine oil, tranny fluid and generator oil and filer.
Change the antifreeze in the radiator.
Flush the water lines and water heater.

Now go have fun.

ken

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
PoliGlow is the acrylic used on boats ($100/gal)- Red Max Pro#3 is a much cheaper version of PoliGlow at about $15/gal. Find it at Lowe's in the floor care aisle.

Not sure who started using it first, but the RMP protocol been around for several years. We are on our second year of using RMP. This is the oldest forum thread that I'm aware of.

After the initial prep and application, you can renew the gloss with a single wipe-on coat each year. No rubbing or buffing

RMP does not yellow or peel, and it will literally knock your socks off when used on oxidized fiberglass. If you own an older RV, its really amazing. Best thing since sliced bread.

That whole RMP discussion is probabluy the best tip I've ever come across. The fact that you get to coat just once a year without any other scrubbing or serious labor is really a jewel of information. I really appreciate you leading me straight to that excellent thread.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
Congrat's on the MH, we all love PIC's so send some if you can. It's not to hard once a guy figures it out, good luck and many safe miles and great memories.

Thanks, I truly appreciate it. And I'll definitely do just that (pix). I'm a computer scientist by trade for the DoD, so hopefully the whole posting pix thing shouldn't be too much of a challange. ;-)

Really enjoying te wonderful atmosphere in here. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #18

TXiceman, good advice, I aprpeciate it!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #19

Congratulations on 87 pace arrow

We bought a 87 Pace Arrow last year. We have replaced the carpet with laminate flooring and put up new wallpaper We have taken our grandkids to disney world, Ocean City Maryland, and heading to Hershey this summer. WE have made many memories with our grandchildren. We, like you, found this motor home in good condition. Go have a wonderful time!
Jo Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your Pace Arrow. You and the family have lots of fun in it.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like your just about ready to go. I look forward to the pictures as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bob! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join us! Congrats on the new rig! We just went to a Class A about a month ago after 12 years in a 5er. It's going to take a LOT of getting used to! It's wonderful that your kids will have the memories of RV'ing that will be with them all their lives. Have fun and keep it between the ditches! God bless!

PS- sorry so late with this welcome. We have been out of town.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
It would be nice to get some photos of the Pacer posted...inside as well as outside.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
We bought a 87 Pace Arrow last year. We have replaced the carpet with laminate flooring and put up new wallpaper We have taken our grandkids to disney world, Ocean City Maryland, and heading to Hershey this summer. WE have made many memories with our grandchildren. We, like you, found this motor home in good condition. Go have a wonderful time!
Fantastic, good to know there's another '87 Pace in here. :-) For all I know, there's a hundred. Heh
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Bob! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join us! Congrats on the new rig! We just went to a Class A about a month ago after 12 years in a 5er. It's going to take a LOT of getting used to! It's wonderful that your kids will have the memories of RV'ing that will be with them all their lives. Have fun and keep it between the ditches! God bless!

PS- sorry so late with this welcome. We have been out of town.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, it's truly appreciated. "Keep it between the ditches" - hahahaha. Love it. It's like "keep the rubber side down" for motorcycles.

And thanks, God does bless me quite a bit.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
It would be nice to get some photos of the Pacer posted...inside as well as outside.

Ken

You got it. Can't wait to get it all posted to show 'er off (well, as much as an '87 Pacer can be shown off with all these fancy slide-outs rollng around).
Old 03-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #27

Ok, I promised pics, so here they are:

Here's the starboard side. I thought I'd snap this one because it seems that passenger side doors seem to be more rare than driver side doors. :-)

Port side. This is the RV as I am obtaining it before any exterior clean-up efforts.

I'm used to a little 21-foot Class-C. This thing is so huge to me that I feel like I need to paint her haze gray, slap hull numbers on the side, and start landing F-18 Hornets on the roof.

Original dash, no mods. Note the original cassete deck stereo, as well as the beautiful custom dash cover. The stereo is about to be replaced with a new one, which also has flip-out touch-screen with GPS navigation and rear cam display. Can't wait to get it all hooked up, I haven't wired a serious car stereo setup in years. Gonna feel like I'm in high school again. :-) Eat your heart out, NASA.

Passenger seat. The interior is flawless, like it was built a month ago.

Front interior. The old TV was taken out, and there is now a mount there for the 32" flatscreen HD TV. DVD/Blu-Ray player is front top right in overhead cabinet above passenger's seat.

Interior from front. I pulled the little hide-away table out between the two swivel seats just for the sake of it. Really wish I had straightened out those floor mats.

Facing front from the bedroom. Closet is immediate front left, bathroom behind it, sit-down shower is immediate front right in hallway across from bathroom.

Bathroom. Sit-down shower is right across the hallway. Might rip this carpet out and go solid floor in the bathroom. Carpet in a bathroom bothers me, mostly due to potential yuck factor.

It's never had pets or smokers in it. The carpet shows a little age and wear, but not much at all, nothing I can't clean. And I should have straightened out the floor mats a little better. But you get the idea, it's actually in excellent condition except for the weathering on the outside that a little TLC will go a long way to fixing to a large degree.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #28
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Definitely in great shape.

One hint it would have showed better if you straightened the carpets out first
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote