Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #1

Just Bought Our First RV

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I enjoyed using the forum the past few months to do some research.

We shopped around and finally decided and purchased a New 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 220QB (about 25') from Holiday World of Houston (in Katy, TX). We will be going back in a few days to get the walk through, etc after they have done their PDI. This unit had about everything on it I had been making mental note on as I was doing my research. We were able to work out a really good deal on it.

If anyone would like to know the features it has just ask but it has the "Coachmen 50 Anniversary Package" and the "Leprechaun Luxury Package". Here is a link --> https://hwhrv.com/details.php?id=CLC1529

One thing which is very minor I am confused about is that they say it has an "Exterior Privacy Windshield Cover". The salesman couldn't definitively tell me what that was and was guessing along with me that it had to do something with a "curtain" we found in the freezer that sort of velcros across the E350 Cab. I guess I'll call Coachment to be sure later as I want to make sure everything it is supposed to come with, is there when we take delivery.

But anyway this will be the first time I've owned any sort of RV or camper. Its for myself and my wife.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome! It looks like a sharp unit. The Exterior Privacy Windshield Cover is a canvas type cover for the exterior windshield.. Will the 'curtain' you found, fit outside?

Here's to many great trips!

Mike Leslie
29' Winnebago Minnie 2003

Old 04-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The windshield cover should be the one that fits over the windshield and both doors on the outside and is fastened by enclosed magnets. It blocks the light and heat as well as the privacy. It's widely used on most class C rigs.

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Sharp looking unit, enjoy it.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:04 PM   #6

Welcome aboard & congrats on the new rig.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome and congrats on the new RV. Enjoy!

I took the plunge two months ago and bought my third RV. I started with a Starcraft tent trailer (1984 model). From there, I bought a 2000 Gulfstream Conquest micro-mini MH. Now, 25 years later, I bought a 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R. We already took it on its "shakedown cruise" to Las Vegas two weeks ago.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #8

Vegas is definitely a place we want to go, we figure they probably have great facilities for the RV community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new RV. Enjoy!

I took the plunge two months ago and bought my third RV. I started with a Starcraft tent trailer (1984 model). From there, I bought a 2000 Gulfstream Conquest micro-mini MH. Now, 25 years later, I bought a 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R. We already took it on its "shakedown cruise" to Las Vegas two weeks ago.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Mike View Post
Welcome! It looks like a sharp unit. The Exterior Privacy Windshield Cover is a canvas type cover for the exterior windshield.. Will the 'curtain' you found, fit outside?

Here's to many great trips!

Mike Leslie
29' Winnebago Minnie 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrobath View Post
The windshield cover should be the one that fits over the windshield and both doors on the outside and is fastened by enclosed magnets. It blocks the light and heat as well as the privacy. It's widely used on most class C rigs.
I found an online brochure at the Coachmen site ( http://www.mhsrv.com/pdfs/brochures/...n-brochure.pdf ) and the exterior privacy windshield cover is not that 'curtain' he showed me. It appears to be a canvas cloth that actually, physically gets mounted outside the RV right over the front glass. I emailed our guy and sent him a link so he can make sure that it is taken care of.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #10

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the site. This is a great resource for just about any question that you might have. Enjoy your new unit!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:43 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 AM   #13

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoman View Post
Vegas is definitely a place we want to go, we figure they probably have great facilities for the RV community?
We stayed on the strip at the Circus Circus RV Park. It used to be the Las Vegas KOA, but a dispute over a proposed 2-week closure for a rock festival (due to noise) led Circus Circus to terminate the contract with KOA. (I got all this straight from them.)

Contrary to rumors, Circus Circus is keeping the RV park. They told me that they make as much money off the RV park as their hotel tower.

There are other RV parks in Las Vegas. Las Vegas KOA is now at Sam's Town, for example.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote