Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #1

Just joined in from Florida

Rv's and me go back quite a way. I started in 1970 with an 18' Travel Trailer and later moved to a 24'. After several years, stopped RVing and started up with cruising sailboats then airplanes, back to cruising sailboats, on to Cruising Trawlers and now full circle back to RVing with a Montana 5th Wheel. What a difference in RVing after a 35 year or so hiatus. I plan to stay with the RV lifestyle until someone tells me it's time for assisted living, hopefully that's a long way off.

We like to kayak and ride bicycles so we typically go to State Campgrounds that offer that activity close by or go to beach areas as after all that time in cruising boats, it's hard to shake all the salt off.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
nosticks;

We are glad you found us. We have a similar back ground. I was part owner in an airplane for several years. I received my camping enthusiasm from houseboats. I owned 3 of them and switched to RVs. My DW and I plan to travel as long as we are able.

Post often and share your RV adventures with us. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Very glad you've found my favortie RV site!

You're like a lot of us. Too many cool hobbies, not enough time or money. We've had the boats (nothing over 23' though), a couple antique airplanes, still have the Camaro SS convertible. Pretty much settled on the RV as our long term lifestyle choice. It's the one we both love and we too hope to be at it right up to the wake.

Don't be shy about spending some time here.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2. I am another one with similiar interests. However I don't own and never have owned an airplane, but I am a A&P mechanic responsible for many aircraft thru out the day. My wife & I ride road bikes & kayak. From your signiture I see you are near Tampa. One of the great kayaking areas on the East coast. Every chance we get we head south to play in the water somewhere in FL.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Talking Silver Springs

Hey Nosticks,

I bet you have some great stories to share from your differnt life styles! A few of us iRV2 folks hang out all winter at Wilderness RV Park off HWY 40 in Silver Springs! Some of us also do some Kayaking in that area. The park itself is on the Ocklawaha River! If your up that way give us a shout!! Also a few of us are going to Stephen Foster in Dec. info on that is in the Regional Chapters Forum, Florida Cooters section! Again welcome to a great site !!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #6

Welcome from Pine Island Fl! It's time to go bother all the tourists that bothered us all winter. 102 today here with 80% humidity..... Hope to see you on the road.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #7

Welcome nosticks, I too owned 2 airplanes and sold the last one to get our first MH. Now on the second MH. Can't say I don't miss owning an airplane, but my wife never liked flying much.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome nosticks,
Drag your Montana on up the state to the panhandle. Like the rest of state, we're blessed with some top-notch state and federal parks. Gregory E. Moore at Topsail Hill State Preserve (commonly just called Topsail) and Henderson Beach State Park in the Destin area are close to a lot of activity and both have beaches. A little further west, Fort Pickens in Gulf Islands National Sea Shore has all their campgrounds back up and running. Langdon Beach at Ft Pickens is quite beautiful and restful since being in the national park it is away from the normal unrestricted beaches in the area and the associated crowds. I must warn you however, that should you visit McGuire's Irish Pub (Pensacola or Destin), they have raised the price of a bowl of bean soup from $.05 to $.15 so be sure and bring extra money with you. Welcome to the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #9

Heartland RV Club
Welcome from Tallahassee ...GO Gators!!!

Just look at the orange stripe on my rig.
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #10

I'm familiar with Wilderness, stopped by there last year to check it out, nice place. We are going to Silver River SP July 1 to 5. While there we are going to do some scouting around some campgrounds for a place to park it for a few months later on.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
nosticks, accept Tallyrver's welcome but don't pay any attention to that "Gators" nonsense. Gators are notoriously demented from crawling around in the mud all day. To his credit he has made the good judgement call to relocate from the lowly swamps and reside in the higher fresh air hills where the true and righteous Florida State University is located. Admittedly, the air in Tallahassee does become hotter and rather polluted during the months the politicians are in town screwing over the state's taxpayers. Other times, it just fine.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #12

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
nosticks, accept Tallyrver's welcome but don't pay any attention to that "Gators" nonsense. Gators are notoriously demented from crawling around in the mud all day. To his credit he has made the good judgement call to relocate from the lowly swamps and reside in the higher fresh air hills where the true and righteous Florida State University is located. Admittedly, the air in Tallahassee does become hotter and rather polluted during the months the politicians are in town screwing over the state's taxpayers. Other times, it just fine.
That is what I truly feel about Tallahassee, but my DW's nephew plays for the Gators (Matt Patchan 71) I have a few orange shirts ,but don't wear them out much in Tallahassee for fear of the "special sauce" that may get added to your food when dining out.
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida