Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #1

Wink kinda new to rving - way new to online

Hi, everyone we are Shane and Cheri from Oklahoma. We have had a 1985 Vouge motorhome for a few years but had not used it much. Work and three kids just would not let us do, all we wanted to. We decided our kids are getting older and we are ready to make memories, Shane came across a 2001 fleetwood discovery at a good price, so we bit the bullet and got it. I'm going to list the 1985 here (as soon as i can figure out how) ( i am not very computer savy). anyway, We already have a lot of questions, and have found some of the answers here. So, i wanted to join. You guys know what your talking about. So, Thanks for the help you have already given us and we are excited to be here and to learn.

p.s have a question about the location of the elec switch on hot water heater. to i post to fleetwood questions or hot water heater questions

Thanks again everyone, you have already helped us tons. Cheri
SherRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #2

The better place would be the Fleetwood forum as all units will have the electrical switches in different places. Do you know for sure your mh has an electric water heater?

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #3

Thanks, well my husband says he can see the elec coming from the hot water heater and the water heater works great with gas. We just can not locate the switch that changes it to elec vs. gas. We have looked all thru the motorhome a few times now. Anyway i will post on the fleetwood forum. Thanks, for your reply. I hope i'm doing this right. and you get my reply. I can barley send a e-mail. Thats the next thing on my list is to get more comfortable with computers. Happy 4th of July. cheri
Old 07-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #4

You are doing just fine. Sometimes they hide the switch. Mine (2000 Hurricane) is in a cabinet under a closet! It is a standard light switch. The switch for gas operation is no where near it, by the sofa! Happy hunting... Oh, and at least on mine you can run both gas and elec at the same time.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig! You can place an ad for your old rig here Login - RV & Motorhome Classifieds

Best of luck...

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #6

Thanks, sound like maybe we are not digging deep enough. or maybe they are both on and i don't know it. You think the people who decide where to put these switches, laugh and say "they'll never find this" . I wonder. LOL Be safe! Cheri
Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #7

Rick, Thanks, I will get some good pictures and get it posted. I'm sure it will be a week or so, you know how that is you get a new toy and every thing else gets put on the back burner. Happy 4th of July. Cheri
Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi guys! Welcome to the forum! I have a 5er, but the electric water heater switch is outside behind the removable panel over the water heater. Might be worth a look.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Shane and Cheri...

This is a great place for help and for friendship. I know that you will get both from all the wonderful people here. ...I know that I feel they have all been invaluable to me...

As for your elect. water heater switch...I also have a Fleetwood, but luckily both of our switches are side-by side and very easy to locate. But I would place your question on the Fleetwood forum as many owners have a similar unit and may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Again, welcome and wishing you many happy and safe journeys.

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #10

Welcome to the forum and good luck finding the switch. It will show up somewhere you least expect it to be.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving