A question about day/night blind stringing at another forum suggested I post my experience on this site. My RV is a 2004 Suncruiser 35U.
I finished re-stringing one of my day/night blinds in the camper a few days ago. The
stringing was not so difficult, but taking the blind down and putting it up was a chore. Anyway, my problem was with the small plastic spools that tie off the cords on each side. This blind has four (4) strings, two on each side that are used to adjust the blind tension.
The repair kit I purchased from Camping World, Greenwood, IN for $4.95 had replacement plastic spools but they are not the same type as the original in my Itasca. The original spools have four small round nubs on their bottom that engage the piece mounted on the
sidewall. The ones in the repair kit do not fit the mating pieces and only have one tiny nub to keep it from turning and loosening the cords.
The best number I could find for the replacement spool was part # 141634-01-000 item 8B that described it as: Bracket (bobbin type) 7/8"H holdupbase (oval) 2-hole-clear.
Two of these bobbins are broket and I need to replace just the bobbin, if I can.
It was very kind of Don, W3MIF to point me in this direction. I did not realize all the detailed information I was missing.
2004 Suncruiser 35U
Sterling bar tows Cherokee