Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #1

we just sold our TT and am looking to purchase a National Dolphin MH. we have looked at them in the past and were impressed then. but have heard that there were a few years that the quality was not up to parr. what are the good years and what is the last year they were made?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
lp5151...Welcome to iRV2! You have come to the right RV forum if you want answers to your RV related questions. With that being said...I am going to link this down to the National Owners Forum so you can get some feedback from some National RV Owners who will know best!
Again-welcome to the forum...please visit & post often.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
lp5151, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and wish you luck in your research and possible purchase of a National Dolphin. Follow Mama's recommendation and you will get lots of good info. I am sure you will enjoy this website and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
lp5151,
The last full production year was 2007, some 2008 were manufactured. When I was at the factory in July 2007 the mix was 75% 07 and 25% 08 models. My 07 SeaBreeze was built Dec. of 2006 and have not had had any major problems, had a 01 SurfSide and had no problems except the plastic used on the exterior body panels and storage compartment doors were cracking. If it were me I would be looking for a late 2006 or early 2007 manufactureing date, because by Aug. 2007 the employees could see that NRV was sinking. All up National made good coaches.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally posted by lp5151:
we just sold our TT and am looking to purchase a National Dolphin MH. we have looked at them in the past and were impressed then. but have heard that there were a few years that the quality was not up to parr. what are the good years and what is the last year they were made?
tatcha n reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:32 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to iRV2. We found this website to be very helpful when we were looking for our Dolphin. We purchased a 2008 this past summer, brand new, and have had absolutely no problems whatever with it. We are fulltimers and are delighted with our rig. We have a DL35C and our toad is a 2006 Malibu.
Good luck in your search.
tatcha n reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #7

We are happy overall with our '05. The problems we have had are component issues for the most part. Cheap TVs burned out. Bedroom slide mechanism has a weak gear design. The shallow gray water tank drains forever. The storage compartment doors tend to separate from the formed insulation backing.
I am not fond of the huge windshields (except the good view) or the dash layout, and the driver legroom is minimal, but these things were changed on other models. We like the rest and feel the build quality and design are right up there. Definitely the cream of the gas models IMO.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #8

We have an '06 Dolphin that we special ordered.
It was assembled during Feb '06. It now has 7500 miles on it and have had minimal problems.
I would buy another if they still were building by the time I'm ready for another.
2006 was a considerable styling update. Full body paint came along mid '05 on the LX. For '06 it was available for non LX.
2007 brought the 1 piece w/shield and improvements with the side compartment hinges being hidden. Now is the time to buy!!

2016 Grand Cherokee Summit
jagbuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have the Dolphin LX 6320 (34 Ft.) on W22 chassis. We have 26K now and so far, no slide issues, tank drains work great, no compartment door issues. I think the "issues" you heard about were the outside walls/panels from Crane and were previous to April 2006.
After owning 4 other different manufacture RVs, we found this one had way more "fu-fu" and Bang for the buck.
We just finished our TV swap outs for LCDs.
We love this one!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #10

Of course ours is an older coach, but here is my take. We just returned from the Cleveland RV show this past weekend (Very Large). I came across one diesel pusher that we loved (but can't buy), as for the rest, many nice, but a lot of... yikes!? The fit and finish, layout, workmanship of our 97 still looks fantastic and compared to some new products out there, well, I am convinced that NRV had their game on for many years. I was told at the show by what apppeared to be a seasoned vet salesman that we had an era (late 90's) of some of the best NRV had ever made. Don't know if there is a shred of truth to that, but, I will choose to beleive him
CARVAL Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #11

Pond Piggies Club
Ip5151 you did the right thing by joining here. Very good Site for ALL kinds of info. Welcome & enjoy, the people here are great too!
Wingnut57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
We have had 3 Dolphin LX's, all 36 footers, a 03,05, and 08. The 03 was a great coach with no problems. The 05 had numerous problems; bedroom slide, compartment doors, fuel fill, to name a few. The 08 is the best one yet. I think it may be the only 6367 built. It has the foward galley and mid entry which we love. I assume the 07's are equally as good. We wish you luck in your search.
newk72 is offline   Reply With Quote