Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2016, 07:50 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Member for ages - finally got the DP

Well there it is -

Made the 175 mile trip back last night - 30 mile detour due to two crashed semis.

Found a minor leak under the rear slide when going thru the PDI with consignor. They fixed it while I stood there and vacuumed up the wet.

Seller had to get inverter repaired and purchased four new 6volts and replaced an ABS sensor (all totaled probably at least 2K). Interior furn had been replaced. Got 25,800 miles on it. And I got it for the low-end of the sellers price.. I figure this is all a dream and the alarm is about to go off any second.

Seems to do all the things I want. Time to work this machine.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jimmy!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:28 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post

Keep her between the ditches!
That seemed like it was gonna be the challenge on the trip home. We left tyler heading south east and 20 miles out just as we crossed Lake Palestine there was two semis that had crashed and the road was closed. Estimated to be that way for 2-3 hrs.

Had to backtrack 15 miles, head south on a two lane winding road and then reroute back.. So much for low drama on trip #1.

Interior pics (a couple)
http://s626.photobucket.com/user/335...rior1.jpg.html

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/335...rior2.jpg.html
Old 08-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
Crash Test Blonde :-)

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice rig!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
Nice rig!
thanks - still seems all surreal..
I might just go sit in it a while.. that would get it hitting home..
Old 08-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #6

Congrats, Holiday Rambler built a good coach. Enjoy
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:08 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice to meet you!

Nice looking unit!
On the Road with 7 cats and a lovebird!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #8

Congratulations and
Old 08-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #9
cwk

Congratulations! That is a beautiful looking coach!

BTW, what year and model is it? We are still looking for a DP and that one looks very nice.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks very much Cwk - i think my teeth might fall of my head with all the grinning i'm doing.

I guess my sig was not included in the first post.
its a 2003 HR Scepter - 40PDBB - Roadmaster rr8s - Cummins ISC350

As far as helping you track one down, fla is a hotbed - there is also a seller in Ringold Georgia ( I think its parkway RV ) that you might consider. For six months, I turned on just about all the Ebay and RVTrader/RVT alerts I could for 2001-2006 Endeavors and Tiffins. They seem to run from the mid 40s to mid 60s. But tend to get sucked up quick.

I would personally avoid the knights (before 2005) admirals/ambassidors and neptunes. They tend to be roadmaster 4 chassis (the preferable ones are roadmaster 8 with either rear or side radiators). Tiffins are nice with the spartan chassis. I would just suggest you avoid anything you see on fleetwood and or freightliner (just my opinion). Try this ebay query - it will show all the most recent DP in the 2001-2007 range - I would also avoid anything later than 2006 as you get into tighter emissions and the prices just begin to rapidly head up.

Also, I would keep your eye peeled for the ISC motors. They have a better track record (IMO) than just about all else. They make good power, are easily located and you dont have to try avoid certain versions (like happens on ISB - 30 percent less torque than ISC ,ISL - wrist pin issues on certain serial numbers, ISX - known to have dropped valve issues and are $$$ anyway bc they are the newest and highest HP units)

Ebay query
Class A RVs in Fuel Typeiesel, Model Year:2007|2006|2005|2004|2003|2002|2001|2000 | eBay

This is actually pretty nice - (but not close by you) 2002 Monaco Diplomat Class A 38 ft Cummins Diesel Allison 6 Speed Auto | eBay

I never found much on craigs list. you might get lucky. I went to the trouble of trying to trackdown mobile RV repair business that would do an inpection. Once you indicate to the seller you want it inspected they pretty much think you are serious.

At the very least make sure you get the specific model, tire date codes and the number of gen hrs. You will be able to at least compare that with nada bluebook value - start here - http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Manufacturers and have a general idea what the short term major costs might be. Often times sellers that have done some recent upgrades on an endeavor will ask a large amount over BB price as (depending on location) certain buyers are prepared to make that commitment. You will need to decide if you are one of those - very subjective and even temporal.

my friend, I dont envy your challenge (especially if you are as picky as me), it took me 2 years to find one that I really wanted before someone else got to it. But, you just got the crash course - good luck. PM me if I can help.

My new project -
Got tires yesterday and some general familiarization with the motor today. A heat shield over the cummins had dropped down so now I know how to get at it from the closet and the latch for the gen slide will need adjusting.. no longer latches.. other than that this think seems to be just about perfect.

Its gonna get full set of filters and fluid samples the next time it gets moved. I am not gonna let anything happen to my little 8.3 little 1800lb cast iron best friend.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the coach. There will be lots of miles of smiles in your future.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:29 PM   #12
cwk

Jimmy,

Thanks for the eBay search criteria.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
take care - good luck - hope it helps.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #14

Texas Boomers Club
here are some specific model names and numbers
Camelot - Windsor
40PWD- 40DST- 40PST and 40PDT

I think they also have a 40PQD - and those are quad slides. Probably tough to find.