Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #1

Per MonacoMama, We are introducing ourselves. My wife and I just started full timing this month with our new 08 Monaco 37PDQ. We are both mid 40s, still working(I work on the big wind turbines) and travel from job to job for about 2-3 months at a time. We're currently working in the GE school in Albany, NY and living on the Hudson River. We enjoy each other's company, geocaching and are kinda laid back about things. We've followed the forums for info and look forward to this life.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #2

Per MonacoMama, We are introducing ourselves. My wife and I just started full timing this month with our new 08 Monaco 37PDQ. We are both mid 40s, still working(I work on the big wind turbines) and travel from job to job for about 2-3 months at a time. We're currently working in the GE school in Albany, NY and living on the Hudson River. We enjoy each other's company, geocaching and are kinda laid back about things. We've followed the forums for info and look forward to this life.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lennyzx11;

Welcome to IRV2. Congratulation on your new 08 Monaco. I am sure MonacoMama has already told you that you have found the friendliest site on the Internet. I am also sure she is going to fix you up with some Karma. Post often and tells us about your travel experiences.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:
Lennyzx11;

Welcome to IRV2. Congratulations on your new 08 Monaco. I am sure MonacoMama has already told you that you have found the friendliest site on the Internet. I am also sure she is going to fix you up with some Karma. Post often and tells us about your travel experiences.
Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I am sure Petro went and READ my post before he typed this!! It is scary that the others on the board can now predict what I will type...a woman hates to be predictable ...so now I guess I need to change my M.O. .

Lennyzx11...It sounds like you have the best of both worlds...fulltiming and staying for longer lengths of time - so you can save on fuel too. Geo-caching and RVing I think go hand in hand...and what a great way to learn about the area you are in!
As I mentioned before...just say "Karma please" and it is yours. I do expect others to be a little slower welcoming you because they are out enjoying the long holiday weekend...but they always make it back home to iRV2!
We hope you keep us up tp date on your travels...and again... Welcome to iRV2!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lennyzx11, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on your Monaco and the RVing lifestyle. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forum. Good luck and if you have any questions, fell free to ask.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lennyzx11, a big welcome and congratulations on you new rig. Try not to let working interfere with enjoying it. On the Hudson - tough job, but somebody's got to do it.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:40 AM   #7

Uhoh, guys, Thanks for the welcome! But I got in trouble! I forgot to include my wife Catherine (Cat) in the introductions. Say hi to her please too or I'll be sleeping in that big ol slide out storage tray underneath !!
Thanks again for the welcome, i've been RVing for a coupla years but as we are newly married, this will be her first one. We had went out to OKlahoma in May to get my RV (93 Challenger) and stopped at Camping world on the way back in new york to get a BBQ grill. After comparing this thing to my old one from bachelor days, I let her talk me into upgrading a little. Hah!You guys know who was talking into who!
oh yeah and MonacoMama, We'd also like the "Karma Please".

Old 07-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Lennzx11,
Hi guys, welcome to irv2! Especially the Monoco Forum. We love to hear your experiences with your coach. A lot of the guys and gals here have helped me with some mechanical/electrical issues with my coach and it has saved me from myself a couple times. Not to mention my sanity, and it also helped when explaining some things to the service rep before going into the shop.

BTW, I'm in awe of those wind turbines. They are graceful looking and TALL! I was a powerplant operator/mechanic on GE oil fired turbines, but THEY were on the GROUND! I retired last year after 31 years and we are now fulltiming it too. Eventually we'll make it that far east. Right now we show dogs in different towns and do some golfing too.

What kind of Monoco do you have? Congrats on your new lifestyle. We love it, 'course we don't work either. Sorry, I just had to say it.

MonocoMama....
Who you calling SLOW?

Happy trails,

AKBrick
Old 07-06-2008, 05:53 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Boy Lennyzx11...After forgetting about Cat in your first post...I am thinking you may need an extra heavy dose of that "Monaco Karma"!!
Cat, I would like to welcome you & Lenny to the Monaco Forum! I am going to suggest that you create your own log-on on the forum. Many of us spouses have our own identity here - it seems we have our own interests - and you may want to know different things than Lenny.

Anyway...Welsome to the Monaco family...We are looking forward to both your posts!

MM
PS...AK...I should have known I could count on you!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:56 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Cat,
I'm Tom and my wife's name is Jo, otherwise known as CheetahGirl on irv2. Welcome!

AKBrick

P.S.: M.M. Why thank-you!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:20 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Cat!! A big, big welcome to you you also. Monaco Mama, as always, gives some very good advice. Look forward to hearing from both of you on the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #12

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
lennyZX11 , welcome to iRv2.com . I see you ride a ZX11 kawasaki bike.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote

« NEWBIE | New Member »