Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraig19 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Did you consider Commonwealth RV and boats in Ashland when you were looking? They have repos. Which dealer did you use if you don't mind my asking? I am looking in Richmond as well as around here for the right fit.
Oh man your reading my mind. That is who I'm buying the Damon Challenger from 2004 with 14K miles. I had them take it to RV services of Va they are about a mile or 2 from Commonwealth and RV services doesn't sell RV"s I figure this is their open book to give me a list of what needed to be fixed and like I said it was nothing major. PM me and I'll give you my number if you want to know more on my experience with Commonwealth. It's all good but different than dealing with a regular RV dealer I think. Chris is the guy who takes care of the RV stuff.
mothgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome - I hope you and your wife have wonderful adventures during the remainder of your life together.

When we needed an RV mechanic to do a few repairs, we called one recommended by the local campground. He has turned out to be a true gem. He is honest, does excellent work and doesn't mark up parts. He did a pre-delivery inspection for a friend of ours that bought a two-year-old DP, and he identified a few issues that were unknown to the owner that resulted in a lower negotiated price for the rig.

Happy searching - keep us posted on your experiences. Have you thought about keeping a blog?
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #17

http://www.commonwealthboatbrokers.c...2/12832-ab.JPG
Well it took five days from when she mentioned she was interested to us buying a MH. Starting out with a class C. Bought it at a Repo Lot in Richmond. Very good deal on a 2004 Coachman. The unit only has 12,500miles on it and is extremely clean. We'll see how it goes. Picking it up next week. First major trip will be in late Jan. after final Chemo session. We will go to Atlanta, on to Baton Rouge, over to Savannah then home. Will probably take a few shorter trips first to make sure we know how to do things. Thanks for the imput. As for keepng a blog. I did that during the Bone Marrow Transplant and may start it up again in the future, we'll see.
rcraig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats on the new MH purchase. We had a 2004 Coachman class A as our first MH. It was a good purchase and we only had 2 issues in 4 years of full time use. (my wife lived in it while she was on assignments as a traveling nurse) 1 issue she fixed on the water heater & the other we had to replace the inverter.

So sorry to hear about your wife, very sad story. I hope you two get to tour for some time before she no longer can.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #19

Quote:
http://www.commonwealthboatbrokers.c...2/12832-ab.JPG
Well it took five days from when she mentioned she was interested to us buying a MH. Starting out with a class C. Bought it at a Repo Lot in Richmond. Very good deal on a 2004 Coachman. The unit only has 12,500miles on it and is extremely clean. We'll see how it goes. Picking it up next week. First major trip will be in late Jan. after final Chemo session. We will go to Atlanta, on to Baton Rouge, over to Savannah then home. Will probably take a few shorter trips first to make sure we know how to do things. Thanks for the imput. As for keepng a blog. I did that during the Bone Marrow Transplant and may start it up again in the future, we'll see.
Nice!!!! Maybe I'll see you when I'm picking mine up.... Hope yoo both really enjoy it.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.

My recommendation: Find two technicians. one the proper engine/drive train tech (Mechanic) diesel or gas, for the rig you are looking at.. The other a mobile RV service technician who is NOT affilated with a dealer ship.

Take them with you to inspect. Or "Test drive" to their shop.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #21

Did you pick up your new MH yet I pick mine up from them tomorrow. Is she excited?
Old 11-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #22

Ron, Picking it up tomorrow just before you. Have a 9:30 appointment. She is very excited. Looking forward to getting it home and start outfitting it. Hoping to take our first three week trip in late January after her final chemo treatment. Maybe we will see you there tomorrow. What time are you getting there? Bob
rcraig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Ron, Picking it up tomorrow just before you. Have a 9:30 appointment. She is very excited. Looking forward to getting it home and start outfitting it. Hoping to take our first three week trip in late January after her final chemo treatment. Maybe we will see you there tomorrow. What time are you getting there? Bob
Sorry Bob been crazy busy at work. Left DC this morning at 6AM got back home was on 3.5 hours of conference calls then 1PM headed to pick it up. Chris said you picked yours up this morning. He had very nice things to say about you and your wife. Hope you two have some good times in it. Maybe some day we can meet up.
Ron
Old 11-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #24

Thor Owners Club
rcraig.

Welcome to Irv2, reading your OP and the following ones. Our heart and prayers go out to you and the Mrs.

Enjoy each and every moment on the road together.
You both are in our prayers
Jim & Trina
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #25

Hi Rcraig! The fever bites quick and hard - but it lights fires as well. You will find the right fit in a jiffy - so the two of you can go play and she can enjoy the journey - all of it! We just bought our rig and took it to a local RV shop to have a detailed inspection performed. It cost us $500 but we now know exactly what we need to address. We are total newbies, but starting our trip with a 38 foot Class A Diesel Pusher - Safari Cheetah. If we can, you can too. My husband is doing all the work as I'm just finishing my cancer treatments, etc. But we're havin' fun! God Bless you both!
lwpctc is offline   Reply With Quote