Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #1

need help in selection

I am a female and will be traveling alone most of the time. I've been looking at all my options. I want a diesel pusher with full air ride, but this has not been an easy task. My price range 75K tops. Mid door a must. The only units I've found that fit the mid door bill are the Bounder 39z and the Gulfstream Crescendo. All the Bounders have bad exteriors (15K to repaint). The Crescendo hard to find.

So today I drove a Gas 2006 Dolphin 5355. The dealer said this coach had the big chevy engine and lg workhorse chassie. Love the coach but not the movement in motion. It seemed to have great power and handled well.

There is a Gas 2005 Dolphin 6355 very low miles by owner not so far away. This one is suppose to be the bigger Chevy engine and larger W/H Chassie. Owner said the 6355 is the larger of the two. both are 36 feet and seem to have the same floorplan.

Does anyone know the difference53/63? would I be happy with one of these coaches vs waiting for a diesel?

Thank you
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Welcome ... I think you should not get hung up on chassis a or b.
If the mid door is what you need (want) and thats a deal breaker, then you really have put limits on your search. We have a Crescendo. But not mid door and love it. We traded a 2003 Bounder for it, and loved it. You may have to give something up, to get the best coach at the best price.
Again welcome....Peace D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Here is one in SC. We bought our previous unit from them and they are easy to work with. Its a mid door and just a little over 75k.

Catalog

Tracy
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check out PPL motor homes:

Used RVs, Motorhomes, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #5

Thank you. There is an O4 Crescendo around Tampa and another at Lazydays that i am going to try to see next week.

I want the diesel for the air ride. I enjoy driving and like to be comfortable doing it. But the price and interior of these Dolphins is appealing.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Buying on of these is like buying a house. Don't be influenced by the glit of the 1st one you look at. Take your time and check out as many as you can, especially at Lazy Days. Take a notebook and list the good/bad about each model you see then go home and mull it over. Don't let the salesperson hard sell you and of course when you decide to buy ensure everything the salesperson offers is in ink on the contract. If it's not in the contract then it doesn't exist. What we did for 5 years before buying was rented a different model for short vacations to get the feel of each and to see what we liked and didn't like. Floorplan is a big consideration too. Good luck and don't buy on impulse.
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote