Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Albuquerque National Sea Breeze 8321 Owner

This looks like a good forum. We just bought a 2005 Sea Breeze and are looking forward to our first outing (along with our "pack"...2 Boxers and 2 Shih Tzu puppies) this weekend.
Cyndi
CyndiJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Cyndi

Welcome to the board!!!

Three National owners from ABQ, Salt Lake, and Las Vegas NV are getting together up at Navajo Lake State park at the end of July. We'll be in the Cottonwood Campground over the weekend. See this thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/nati...lly-67267.html We'd love it if you could join us.

Dick
Old 07-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #3

Cyndi,
Welcome!

We're in Alb also and have the same coach as you. We picked it up last year and really like it. If you have any questions about the Sea Breeze let us know, we would be happy to help.

Be sure to check out the National RV Owner's forum.

Best,
Bob & Becky
Bob C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Bob and or Becky

Your welcome to join us at Navajo Lake State Park at the end of the month as well. We'd really like a bigger group!! See http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/nati...lly-67267.html for info.
If Cyndi joins us we could even Convoy up from ABQ if you guys would like.

Dick
Old 07-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Very cool to find other National RV owners so close by! I just stumbled on this site when I was looking for the engine number location...good ol' Google strikes again!
I think we have something going on the 31st so am not sure we can make that weekend but will talk to my husband and see what he thinks.
Thanks for the very warm welcome to the forum!
Cyndi
Old 07-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Also...looking for engine number

I posted this in the problems and solution forum but maybe it's better to ask forgiveness than permission to post here, too.
NM MVD wants the engine number as well as the VIN to register our motor home. The Express could not find it and told us to call a "level 3" for the inspection. They want over $200 to find it! I don't think so...
The VIN is right outside the door. There's another number there but Express said it doesn't state "engine number" so I'm not sure if it's correct. Does anyone know where we'd find it? We have a temp (30 day) registration so we're legal but would like to resolve this ASAP.
Thanks much!
Cyndi

2005 National Sea Breeze 8132
Workhorse Chasiss
Albuquerque
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #7

Cyndi,
I emailed you a copy of the owner's manual.

There is also a plate on the driver side dash next to the windshield.

The VIN is on the plate next to the entry door and also in the cabinet directly above the driver. Here's the page from the manual:

Dick,
We had planned to attend, but complications in the Mother-in-Laws hip replacement requires our attention here in ALB. Hope to see you all on the road.
Bob C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you...I had found that and even showed it to them BUT since it doesn't say engine #, they said its not one. So you think that second # really is the engine #? Maybe we should try a different MVD.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Cyndi

I don't know where you live in ABQ but I have found MVD Express is more interested in getting you registered than the STATE MVD, at least here in the South Valley. They cost a little more but not as much as an inspection. There all over and worth a try. I assume your engine is a Ford all I've found on line are on Ford Chassis. If so and it's a Ford Engine than any Ford dealer will probably tell you over the phone how to find the engine number. I wouldn't spend a lot of time telling them it's a Motor Home just the description of the engine i.e. Ford V10, there all the same. If that goes nowhere than take it to Don Chalmers and ask them to find it, It can't cost as much as an inspection. If it's not a ford let us know what you have and we can suggest a more fitting approach.

It may also be a WorkHorse Chassis and engine, if so than your answer can be found right here at the http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/ there is a guy named DriVer that knows all about WorkHorse. Post and PM DriVer and they will find it for you.

We do live in NM and one of the advantages is the bureaucracy isn't as strong as say CA. there is always an easier way to get things done here.
Dick
Old 07-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for everyone who have posted replies. It is a Workhorse but I'm not sure which one. I went to MVD Express because I've always found them to be more helpful and friendlier than the state MVD and they really did try to find the right number, but they are limited as to what they can do as far as locating it. For example, they won't look under the engine...if it's not easily viewable, forget it. I'll ask my husband which WH it is and post to the person who's the WH guru.
We'd love to make it to the Navajo Lake mini-rally; both of us still work full-time however, so we couldn't come up until Saturday. I think it's pretty close though so just getting to meet all you great people would be worth it!
Cyndi
Old 07-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Cyndi & Welcome!!

Here is the link to DriVer's profile and you can PM him. He knows everything that there is to know about WH.

iRV2 Forums - View Profile: DriVer

Good Luck!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Cindi

Here is the link to NM State Parks http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/PRD/ParkTours.htm you can make reservations online. We really like to visit several State Parks a year. We'll be in the Cottonwood Camp Grounds around space 40, we have three pretty close to each other, but the campgrounds is pretty small so anywhere is fine. Saturday is fine, were staying till Tue and the other two are leaving Monday AM. Dinner the first night is at our coach and Sat and Sun will be at Dan's and Joe's place. If you guys can come up even for a day your set for dinners and a lot of looking at the three other coaches. Of course we'd like to see yours. Look fo a Electric site, they all have water and no sewer and some don't have Electric, there is a dump station in the camp grounds so the tanks will do fine for a day or two.

It's about 195 miles, so a easy drive up Rt 550.

Hope to see you there.

Dick
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dick, I made reservations for us today. We'll arrive Sat; checkin is 4 PM I think she said. We're in spot 21. They only had two left, neither of which have hookups. We'll leave Mon at some point.
Looking forward to seeing you RV "old timers"!
Cyndi
Old 07-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Cyndi

Wonderfull I'll let the other guys know so there is enough dinner for everyone. I'm assuming it's just two of you. Let me know if there are more.

Dick