Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #1

New and uncertain

Saturday my wife and I bought our first motorhome, a Winnebago Vectra 34 foot, 1994 with a 454. We got it from an older couple that went to Texas every year and even though it was older it seemed well cared for. The previous owner has done a lot of custom features like an outside entertainment center. We have not been able to sit down with the manuals yet but that will be soon. He said that the gas tank was a 40 gal. tank but that seems small to me, what do you all think? Also as we intend to use this as a get-away vehicle, what advice can you give as to preperations for emergencies ( fast un-planned departures).
On a personal note: We live in Mountain Home Arkansas and are avid flyfishers. It's just the 2 of us and a small dog.

Thank You,
Ron Smith

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyflicker View Post
Saturday my wife and I bought our first motorhome, a Winnebago Vectra 34 foot, 1994 with a 454. We got it from an older couple that went to Texas every year and even though it was older it seemed well cared for. The previous owner has done a lot of custom features like an outside entertainment center. We have not been able to sit down with the manuals yet but that will be soon. He said that the gas tank was a 40 gal. tank but that seems small to me, what do you all think? Also as we intend to use this as a get-away vehicle, what advice can you give as to preperations for emergencies ( fast un-planned departures).
On a personal note: We live in Mountain Home Arkansas and are avid flyfishers. It's just the 2 of us and a small dog.

Thank You,
Ron Smith
Hey the Ron, Our is a(4 Winnebago Vectra also. 34RA. And it actually comes with an outside enterainment set up.
We just updated our TV's now have 2 LCD.

40 gallon gas tank sure seems small. I think our gas tank is 70 or 75. Maybe he was talking holding tanks. Or fresh water tank.
We have cherry cabinets and our is on a F53 chasis with Ford 460
We live in florida but travel back and forth to wisconsin each year.

Our almost vinetage coach is new to us also.

sniggles

Old 04-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Just look the info up in our manuals and the chevy has a 78 gallon gad tank,
Our ford has a 75
both are 94 winnebago vectra.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
First . Some older MH did have smaller gas tanks. My 2011 Coachmen only has a 55 gal. tank. No big deal, just get to stop a little more often and besides instead of a $300 fill up, it will only cost $175.

Second, enjoy your coach. There is nothing like hitting the road, seeing the country and having your house with you.

Third, read your manuals, they will help a lot, but don't forget, the folks on this forum are ready and willing to help at anytime. Most of them at one time or another has gone the learning process and is will to help us new folks. So don't be afraid to ask for help.

Fourth, if you get time share some photos of your new rig, everyone likes photos.

Just have fun and enjoy your new adventure, there is nothing like it.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #5

You make me feel good about our purchase. We are looking forward to equipping it to make it more personal....boy have we got a lot to learn!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. Stay here and you will learn a lot. Ask questions when you need to. Good luck..
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #7

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your new motorhome. We bought a 1994 Brave last year. One really big advantage to buying a Winnebago is that it is really easy to get information on the older models. Here is your brochure which will give you the specs. on the tanks along with other useful information.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products...Vectra-bro.pdf

I'm not sure what model number you have but there is a document available for your RV similar to the one below that will give you a detailed parts list so when you need to find something you will know the part number and can order it.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...4/94wn34rq.pdf
Unfortunately the above is not for the vectra since I don't know the right code to enter to get it. I believe it is for the Chieftain based on the info. in the Owners Manual section of the document. If you look at the sticker near the driver's side door area you should be able to find your model number and then substitute a combination into the last section of the above link and pull up the parts list. I can't figure out how to navigate to these documents directly so use trial and error with the model number to pull up the right parts list.

To show how to do it for the chieftan the model number is 1994 WCN34RQ. So to get the parts list you enter the last two numbers of the year, use the WN from the letter code but not the C and then the 34 RQ (34 ft, rear queen).

For example mine is a 1994 WCF29RQ.
The link for my parts manual is http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...94/94f29rq.pdf
In my case you do the last two numbers of the year, the F (from the letter set) and the 29RQ.

A third example is for a 1995 Itasca Suncruiser. The parts list is: http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...5/95ig34ra.pdf
The model number is 1995 ICG34RA.
You can see that you again enter the last two digits of the year, then the IG from the letter code (dropping the C) and the 34 RA (34 ft. RA for the side facing bed).

Basically a little trial and error with the letter code should get you to the right document. I saved mine to my hard drive in addition to the link, just in case the link should move in the future.

If you can't find your parts document post the model number and I'll see if I can locate it.

Cheers!
Michelle
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #8

When we got our first rig we fortunately had enough stuff to set up a second household. If you are planning on taking off at the drop of a hat make sure you have everything you need for camping on a checklist and make sure it is always in it's spot on the RV so you don't have to go looking for it. Set up the inside with extra bedding and clothes so you can go when you want and not spend days getting ready. Ours is ready to go minus the food and beverage whenever we are ready. Be careful about leaving any food in the rig as mice can get in no matter how hard you try to keep them out. Always store it with a full tank of fuel, serviced and ready to go. Use some fuel stabilizer in the tank if will sit for any length of time. Keep watching the posts here and you will come across a lot of items you never thought of. Good luck and happy trails....
Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #9

Started reading manuals and product literature as well as previous owners notes last night and are over whelmed. Once we get some dry weather and firmer ground we plan on a through interior cleaning and then begin stocking our goods. I think that we are pretty well setup. I am very glad to have joined the forum, it's already been a big help. Does anyone else live in Arkansas? Is anyone familiar with the Mountain Home area? Anyone like to flyfish?Doe anyone have a wife like this?
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyflicker View Post
Started reading manuals and product literature as well as previous owners notes last night and are over whelmed. Once we get some dry weather and firmer ground we plan on a through interior cleaning and then begin stocking our goods. I think that we are pretty well setup. I am very glad to have joined the forum, it's already been a big help. Does anyone else live in Arkansas? Is anyone familiar with the Mountain Home area? Anyone like to flyfish?Doe anyone have a wife like this?
Hey there flyflicker. Here are some spec on the 94 winnebago vectra.
I am figuring you have a 33QR or 34RA footer with chevy engine.
This should answer you question on what size tanks you have. I see the floor plans for both are pretty close. We have the 34RA. We have the rear closet and our walk around queen bed is sideways. Our bath is bigger. kitchen is set up different. but each is a very good coach setup. Top of winnebago line in her day.
Attached Files
File Type: doc 94 vectra specs.doc (283.0 KB, 26 views)