Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Nor'easters Club
New Class A RVer from Vermont

Hi all,

Recently moved up from a nice used Coleman Popup, which we did quite a bit of work on, to get it quite nice, to a Fleetwood Pace Arrow 34 with one slide out.

It is really nice inside, well kept and clean, but we've unfortunately had a few issues with it upon starting up, of course! I'm just hopeful that it doesn't turn out to be a money pit like a boat I once had.

We purchased it from a mechanic in a personal sale, not a dealership. Got a pretty good deal, I think/thought.

Got about 12 miles from there (bought it 2 1/2 hours from home), and the right rear brake locked up. He was nice enough to drive out, pull off the wheel, unlock brake, which had boiled the fluid, fixed it, bled brakes, and all was good. Drove home fine.

Got home, could not get propane to work, and he could not tell us why. (Luckily, this later turned out to be a propane detector switch he forgot about!)

First camping trip was two days later, and things were acting strange. A/C's would run, but not well, acting funny, one would turn off and not come back on. Then we had a HUGE lightning storm, 6" of rain in a few hours... Lost power at the park. Ran the generator during this, to keep refrigerator cold. Upon power returning, I turned off the generator, and soon after, we noticed all the lights were "dim"... shortly, nothing working, no refrigerator, etc.

The park owner was nice enough to come check my 120v power, which was good, but batteries were all at 7.5v. We tore a bunch of panels apart, trying to find dead fuse or short... nothing wrong there. Could not find 12v converter, so he gave me an RV repairman's number. Friday night at 7:30, he came, spent 2 hours going over things with me, and after searching high and low, we found the 12v converter around a corner in one of the storage bays. It was dead! He had a replacement with him, and once he put that in, we had all power again!

During all this, I noticed a propane switch near the floor of our dinette, which was OFF. I asked the RV tech if that would cause propane to not work, and of COURSE, it would! We turned on propane, and that switch, and got stoves and hot water working... yay!

So the remaining time (1 1/2 days) of our 5-day vacation was much better.

Got home with it Sunday evening, and notice a fluid leak underneath the engine... taking it to a shop today to have that checked and fixed... hoping it's nothing big.

So, I got quite the introduction to how my RV works, and I'm likely to be here a lot over the next few months, and next year, too!

Glad to be here, and hoping to enjoy some RVing with our new rig.

RCCFleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ray! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #3

Hi Ray

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM   #4

Hi Ray!

Bill & Laurie | 2016 Monaco Trek 26HMD - CHF - Roadmaster RSSA Steering Stabilizer - SuperSteer SS400 Trac Bar | 2005 Honda Element - Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar - RVIBrake2 System |
rvtrekers is online now   Reply With Quote

class a