Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #1

New Coach Owner

My wife and I just bought a New Coach for our Wonderful Family.We just Brought our coach home from Mesa, Az. She ran like a dream comming home. we are very proud in our investment. The Williams family would like to wish every body on this site owner or not of a coach we would like to wish you all a very healthy and happy holiday to come, May your traveling and holiday journey be filled with joy, love and happiness.

Best Wishes to all

The Williams Family

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congratulations on your new purchase. There will be lots of info found here, to help you with your new adventure!

Welcome Aboard!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #3

Well thank you for welcomeing me and my family to being the new owners of a beautiful Motorhome. After being at work all day I came home to find my lovely husband home early from work working on the coach and fooling around with it. we have plans in the spring to take her on many trips. for many years I wanted to own a motorhome of my own, then I married my lovely husband who also had a dream and passion for motorhomes and we talked about it and decided one day we were going to buy one after we had children...When my husband pulled into the driveway with her our kid's went running out to him asking him what it was and what were we going to do with such a big long toy, My kids asked their father, Lol, we wound up taking the motorhome that evening 55 miles down the road for a familt drive fopr the first time and my husband and I and our children love the Cracker Barrel so we decided to pull into the Cracker Barrel for dinner, It was a wonderful feeling to have every body greet you or stop you to tell you what a beautiful coach you have or stop you and ask questions about it, My husband and I and our children look foward to goingto many rally's and campground and meeting some people off of this site.Again thank you all for the Lovely welcome I will be sure if I have any questions to post my question's on this site. Thank you all for your kind words and time...

Happy Holidays To All

From the Williams Family to you
Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
new coach

travel girl, what a nice post. i wish the best of travels and have many good times in your mh.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #5

Thank you for all who has posted a wonderful comment for me. Since we have brought out new beautiful baby home my husband can't keep his hand and self away from the coach he been buying things for the coach left and right and I think he loves the coach more then our marriage.lol. my husband and I have great plans for the coach in the spring time to come and wonderful travel time sch. with her. Our children love the coach as well, Every chance our children get when my lovely husband is working on the coach the kids want to be there with there father wanting to help left and right. Our oldest son asked if he could drive it with daddy sitting on his lap my husband repiled to our son sure once u have ur DL.lol. We have three beautiful children a 5 year old son Dominick out beautiful 3 year old Adriana and our beautiful 20 month old Alyssa. My husband and I want to give our children a dream and life of camping. We look foward to going on many trips with out new beautiful toy.The only thing i'm not looking foward to is paying the maintenace and the fill ups on her but that the price of owning a coach. Well best regardes to all who own a coach or a travel trailer or camper. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

Best Wishes

The Williams Family
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Travelgirl, Welcome to iRV2. Love your enthusiasm. We really enjoy our MH too. My wife lives in ours while she is away at work & I visit every other week & she comes home the opposite weeks. I am like your husband, always cleaning or working on something on it to keep it in top notch condition. Also to keep it working well for my wife when she is there alone. We have traveled from NC to FL to MO and now to TX in the past 2 years. It is a lot of fun visiting new locations
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #7

Dsbike

Thank you for your reply, every toy my husband brings home he is a nut too and so are our kids.My husband is not so much pre say working on it just loading with the acc. we will need for when we go camping so far my husband has spend $2500 detailing the inside i'm affraid to see what he is going to spend to do the outside.lol. My husband is a very well hands on machanic ther'e a thing I dnt think he can or fix, he is great at what he does and I would not trade him or our kids for the world.My husband said to me today how about having one more child when I asked him why he said new toy new baby to the family.lol. I said why not a family of four it would be great. My husband asked me when we brought it home if I wanted to drive her and I said no when I he asked me as to why not I said to big and to scarey to drive and it has air brakes.I told him I will stick to my diesel excursion.That was our deal my excurision he could have his new MH.lol. The coach we bought was a little more then what i wanted to spend but he talked me into it and now that we got it here I'm glad he talked me into it. My husband does not live in the coach but since he brought it home all he talks about is the coach and upcoming trips we can do with it. I told my husband when we got married what mine is mine whats yours is mine, and u will do as you are told or I will put ur life on hold.lol. my husband is just a driver and my schfor he drives me where i want to go that includes in the coach. I keep telling him I wear the pans in the family and he looks at me cross eyed and laugh at me and says yeah right. then I tease him with the joke that why I said new excurision or no mh we laugh about it all the time. I hope we can have the pleasure to staying members with irv2.com i'm sure i'm going to have alot of questions.my husband is Mr. Know it all. I have told him that I became a member to irv2.com and he said woman and engines and toys don't go hand in hand.lol. just b/c he know alot doesnt mean do.lol. I'm just a paralegal my husband is the brains in the family.lol.Well I look foward to slowly being apart of the motor home world I hope we can attend rally and meet people from here on our trips. Life is funny in how you can meet new people.I thank you for all yours replys will keep in contact as time goes on Best wishes to all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

From The Williams Family

To yours,

Be safe and all be well in your travel to come,
Old 11-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Travelgirl, my wife says the same thing about me, "nothing he can't fix". I know my limits, but mechanical, they go pretty deep. Your relationship with your family sounds great & many people would be envious. Keep the love for family and all will be good for many many years. My wife & I, even though we are hundreds of miles apart, we are truly in love with each other.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #9

Well Good Morning,

Believe me I know what you mean about it.My husband will still not admit if he does wrong, When I say to him Honey lets call some one who can do it he says no i'm the man in the family it's my job so he calls his friends or dad and get help I think it sweet how my hubby hold his head high as a man and I love him for it. My husband got us all up this morning at 8 am I swore after a long week I could have killed him he got me and the kids up had the motor home oulled out and fired up with a full tank of diesel and we went for breakfast at the cracker barrel out favorite place then we are now on the road taking day trip with her he still trying to get me behind the wheel and I tell him DROP DEAD lol... If my mind is correct we are headin in the direction of Bass Pro Shop located in Hanover, MD I think we are going camp gear shopping. we finally got the inside of the coach done out we think.lol.We have been on the road for a hour now and she runs like a dream my husband hits that power and she just cranks out and winds up nicely and beautiful...Its so nice to have people say hi and wave at you as u run down the road or have people say what a beautiful coach...We had two people say that to us at Cracker barrel this morning. it was so nice. My oldest our son sat in daddy's lap this morning and drove the coach with his father it was so nice they had a blast. Then our second oldest drove with him as well out little one tried and cried... When my husband first started to drive this coach with me it scared me I had no idea my husband could drive something so big and so well he drives it liek a pro like he been doing it all his life. i asked him if he ever drove something this big he said once many years ago in a parking lot. I'm sitting here with my kids in the living room of the coach watching him jam to his country music and olides and sing while he drives wow it awesome...It still scares me a little bit but i'm settleing into it slowly. I look foward to more and more time with this beautiful best of a coach.lol. Well I wish every one another SAFE AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY may your HOLIDAY BE JOYABLE AND HAPPY AND BLESSED as us...IN GOD WE TRUST

BEST WISHES TO ALL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

The Williams Family
Old 11-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #10

Well howdy to all it's now 9 pm on a Saturday and i wanted to take a few minutes to tell about our first real family ride to day in the coach. After we ate breakfast today we decided to head down 95 south too 695 to 100 to 29 to 70 west onto out to the blue ridge mountains. we had a beautiful ride and a wondeful day with the family the coach gave us no problems in climbing hills or asking for power. we went all the way into Va and Wva. we stoped at nice little diner on the way there and then stoped at a nice restaurant on the way home. My husband drove that mh like he been doing it for years. like he has 20 years of experience.lol. Once we got off the highways my husband stuck to all back roads ever time we stoped at a traffic light people would wave to us or yell out the window what a beautiful coach we even passed a couple of fifth wheels and some other coachs and they just waved at us like we were family.lol. I never new as a wife that owning a mh could be so much fun or family like orianted.lol. My husband finally talked me into driving the mh today in a parking lot I was scarded to death but he said in time I will get used to it we spent about an hour in the parking lot. I dang near thru him thru the windsheild a couple of times I never knew air brakes could be so touchy.lol. I guess it different from car brakes or suv brakes.lol. I told my husband when we got home I'm never doign that again and he looked a t me with a grin and smile and said want a beat I said yes then he repiled well honey what if we ar eon the road and I get sick or hurt wont u drive then so we can get where we need to I said in reply u dnt sick for lng u be back to driving in a few hours or the next day.lol. he then said woman I said what u say he said woman never send a woman to do a man job I said why u say that he said u heard me. he then said woman are not ment to a man job I siad whats a man job he said be the shofer i cracked up laughing and said well honey that why u were the pants in the anfd thats why u men were put on this earth is to be for us woman to be are slaves and are shofer's he cracked up laughing.lol.We had a blast for a day as a family I looking foward to more and more trip and I mean campin time and day trips with the mh.I though in the beggining I would really dislike owning a coach but the more n more we are around the coach the more n more I loving it. A investment well spent. According to my husband we hardly used any fuel in our whole trip to we used a quarter for the whole trip. we filled up before we returned home he calcuated the mpg in the coach and with runnign the generator and runnign the coach like we did we averaged out at 12.6 mpg I can only begin wonder what we will get when we start towing. i'm goign to guess maybe about 8 to 10 if i had to guess. Well thank you all. again From the Williams Family to all yours Family WISHING YOU ALL THE HAPPIEST AND HEALTHIST HOLIDAY MAY YOUR HOLIDAY BE FILLED WITH LOVE JOY AND HAPPINESS.

Best Regard to all

The Williams Family
Old 11-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you think about it, please put the make & model of your motorhome in your signature (can be done through the User CP tab at the top of the page). This way, if you or your hubby have any questions about it, when you post, our members will be better able to help you knowing what type of coach you have.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #12

Thank you for ur help I kindly added the signature. Thank you all for welcoming me and my husband aboard
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #13

Well Good Afternoon,

My husband got up this morning before which was a surpise.lol. My husband did a interesting thing this morning he took the motorhome to work with him when I called him a little while ago to ask him as to why he took the coach and not his truck he said I want to sow all my friends and co-workers.lol. My husband cant stop being away from the new toy. My husband told me that everybody at work loves it and is asking when they can borrow it or go camping with us.lol. my husband is just having fun and enjoying the coach and so i'm I as well.

travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote