Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
Have you serviced the trans, checked the magnetic plug on the differential, checked the axle bearings for proper torque and bearing condition, checked alignment, checked air spring (bag) condition, serviced hydraulic system, checked brake lining thickness, checked the entire chassis for cracks, loose bolts or hucks, checked for hoses chaffing against wear points (front to back), among other critical items to check?
Note I did not include any inspection or servicing of the engine and related components or the HVAC and other comfort systems.

The above list is off the top of my head but it should be the minimum amount done before considering a coach is ready to rock n roll. Having new TV's and LEDs will make it comfy and upgraded,(we did the same) but knowing the "heart" of the coach is solid and prepared will make for a better sleep and less anxiety when full timing, IMO.

Have fun!
As a matter of fact, I have done all that as soon as I got back to IL after I bought it. I did some homework and ended up taking my coach over to Insomniak Motorworkz in Lockport, IL and the owner (Ken) and I went through a long punch list of items to service and check from tires to generator. Every fluid and filter changed, hoses and belts checked, serviced the generator, checked brakes, drive-train, air system, etc. They went over it from head to toe. There are a few things I will do myself such as replace one of the furnace boards and install a new igniter for the propane side of the fridge, but all else was done by Insomniak. Great work, fast, thorough, professional and priced extremely fair.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!