Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

New from Air Lift

Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike Sturgill, and Iím the newest member of Air Lift Company. Iíve been brought on to provide another level of customer service for Air Lift. I will check the forums frequently for any posts pertaining to air support products or towing problems which I may be able to help with. I am new to the company; however, I bring over 10 years of experience in air ride products. I donít claim to know all the answers but promise to do everything I can to help in any way possible.
If you have any questions or concerns with air support products, whether it is an Air Lift product or not, please let me know. You can PM me through this site or if you would prefer you can email me at msturgill@airliftcompany.com

I look forward to helping anyone I can. Thanks for letting me be part of your community.

AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
Hi Mike! I just signed up here myself. I use Air Lift bags in my 2004 Toyota Sienna. They get me about 2" of extra clearance. My minivan tows a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike! Welcome to IRV2 & congrats on the new job! We're sure glad to have you around just in case someone needs help! Good luck & God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome and heres your first case. 1996 gulfstream conquest 102 with tag axle on a ford e-350 frame needs rear lift no drilling. With seperate left/right control from cockpit. Under 500 bucks. For a DIYer. Thank you.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Thanks for the welcome.

Conquest- the kit that we make for a 1996 E-350 would require four holes to be drilled through the side of the frame two per each side of the RV. The brackets provide clearance holes to line up the new holes onto.

The kit you would need is 57138, you can find the manual for it in the link below. You can look over the instructions and see if you feel comfortable with the amount of drilling required.
http://www.airliftcompany.com/manuals/MN-748_57138.pdf

As for price, we suggest that you purchase the product through one of our retailers or locate a dealer near you.
Dealer Locator | Air Lift Company

In order to keep within your $500 budget, you would probably have to go with a manual control system. We do offer these in a dual (separate) configuration.
Air Lift Company Load Controller Dual (Standard Duty Compressor) - Load Support On Board Air Systems

The price listed on our site is suggested retail, if you visit one of our retailers you will most likely find it for a better price.

Also, you may be able to afford a nicer controller by using the $100 rebate we are currently offering.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike;

First THANK YOU for the FAST response. This looks like it would be doable. I was afraid of having to drill a bunch of holes but 2 per side no big deal. The fun part will be jacking and removing the duallies. I just changed shocks on the tag axle so this shouldn't be that much harder.

What is the maximum lift I could expect to get from these. I have to back up over a curb to get RV into my parking spot. Right now I have about a 2 inches of clearance. I am hoping to lift it up then get either on road or back in drive and then lower it back down. That's why I wanted cockpit controls.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

The amount of lift is going to vary from vehicle to vehicle, and depending on how much squat you are currently experiencing.

A typical response I see from most users though is around 2-3" of lift. Again, I can't guarantee any number specifically for your conditions but this is simply what I have seen.

I hope that helps.