Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
New from Kansas

Hello, I'm a new member from Kansas. New to the site and also new to RVing. I just purchased a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country minivan and had a tow package installed on it. I can tow up to 3600 lbs. I am very pleased with the wide selection of ultralights available now. It seems it will be just a matter of finding which one best suits me. I'm retired and I hope to spend my winters down south and perhaps part of the summer either up north or on the coast where the temperatures are cooler.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Vivian to irv2.
Good luck in your search for RV of your dreams they do make some small but functional models.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #3

Welcome Vivian and greetings! Whereabouts in KS are you? DW and I are in Douglas Co, and headed out next week. If you're in the area, I'll let you know where we will be, and you can come check out our new TT so you can start getting an idea of what you would like. Ours is a little bigger than what you can tow, but at least it will give you a starting point.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Smile

I'm in central Kanssas. There are some RV dealers at the State Fair this week and I looked at a couple of ultralights while I was there. The micro Tracer travel trailer looked good. I'm really impressed with the selection of ultralights that is becoming available.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #5

You'll find that some of the RV manufacturers have ultralight versions of some of their more popular floorplans. We started looking at the Jayco 256RKS (we had good luck with our Jayco PUP and a good experience with the 'local' Jayco dealer), but found the build quality was not quite as good as its heavier counterpart, the 25RKS. We ended up with the heavier one, primarily because of the build quality, and secondarily because of the price. I think some of the mfrs use the ultralight label as a marketing tool to increase the MSRP a little.

Anyhoo, just a little food for thought. Keep an eye out for those things, and whatever TT you choose, it will be the right one for you.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
You are right about that, the ultralights are as expensive as a larger model. They say it is because of the special light weight material they put in them. I'm pulling with a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country minivan so my limit is 3600 lbs. I wonder if anyone on here has every used a minivan to pull? Would be interesting to find out how it worked for them.