Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #1

New from NY

I figured I would say hello. I am a new member from NY and joined because I am getting ready to make the move from Popup to Travel Trailer and this forum seems to be a decent place to do some research and ask a few questions. I hope I can be of help from time to time as well.
WNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club

I think you'll find this is a GREAT place to learn and have your questions answered...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #3

Welcome WNYcamper. I can appreciate your upcoming experience since we have had pop ups/travel trailers/hi-lo/Class C and now a Class A. I would share that that travel trailer we had was most enjoyable with one notable exception. It had a push out section (the bed) where the roof portion (on the push out) was canvass. During one trip, in Florida we were camping in the cooler weather. When we woke in the morning, between the difference in temperature between outside and inside and the humidity the inside of the canvas directly above our heads had what appeared to be a million droplets of water. Had to gently remove myself from the bed and wipe the canvas before being able to travel on. We also opened it the next day to let it dry fully before it was stored for a long period. Do hope you have many enjoyable and safe trips........bill
bill carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Aboard!
Dirtbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #5

Thanks everyone.

Bill, I am not planning on going with a hybrid for just that reason. Im done with canvas lol. We have a new addition to the family coming in the next month or so, and I will be the only one setting up when we get to the camp site, so the less to do, the better.
WNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2.
I hope you will have lots of fun here!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
mjp

National RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
WNYCamper,

Welcome, it's good to have another new face. Everyone is very helpful on the site, don't hesitate to speak up with both questions and answers.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome! I love northern NY in the summer! Gorgeous place! But if you ever see me around NYC...something is SERIOUSLY wrong!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hi | New Member »