Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
New from SoCal

Greeting everyone. We are new to this site, and recently purchased our second coach. The first we sold over ten years ago. We purchased an '02 Mt. Aire at the beginning of the summer. So far, it's better than we remembered. Hold off on sending all those winterizing tips as it's been awhile since it snowed here in SoCal!

Safe travels,

Tom and Kelly

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

...and congratulations on the purchase of a very nice rig. Where all did you venture to this summer? Any trips planned over the winter? Here in Wisconsin, our RVs go into hibernation for 5 or 6 months every year, that is until we can go full time, in another couple years.

Got relatives in San Jose, but they're too far for us to venture in the RV before we're both retired.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, JM. While my wife hasn't retired yet, I have. So, I traveled with our two dogs from SoCal to CT and back in about seven weeks. I spent two terrific weeks on Lake Huron in Michigan on the way home. Tawas Point State Park is beautiful with deer and fox running free all over. Harrisville State Park is also terrific with a section of the beach for dogs. Mine loved it and spent hours running in and out of the surf. This park was tight with some pretty sharp turns on paved roads. Also, this park has trees everywhere so getting satelite is doubtful. It's immaculate with paved walking trails, well maintained sites, that terrific smell of campfires everywhere. On the trip home spent some time in Branson MO (doesn't everyone).

So are you in Northern Wisconsin, where it's beautiful with all the lakes? Or are you in Northern Chicago/Milwaukee?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We're in central WI. Log home on 6 acres out in the middle of no-where. About 2 hours from Milwaukee, another hour or so from Chicago (not far enough that they can't find our beautiful lakes and parks in which to display annoying behavior : ).

Our situations are similar. I retired June 1st, Peggy has a couple years to go. I was very busy the first half of the summer with the sale of one of the houses. Next year 'the cabin' goes up for sale. I hope to spend next winter somewhere south, but it will depend on what happens with the house sale.

We too travel with a couple dogs. They love motor home travel and, of course, exploring any new venues we may visit.

Sounds like you've got a great start on retirement. Keep at it, and let us know of your adventures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abby and Koda awake.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	6129  
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote