Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2005, 07:38 PM   #1

Hello...I already posted some questions but saw this folder so thought I'd officially say hello.

My name is Amy and I'm married to Joe. We have a 15 1/2 year. We live up in Custer Washington. If you havent heard of it I'm not surprised! We're about 12 miles south of the Canadian border in the most upper north west corner of the state. My husband drives a semi with a 53 foot trailer so our 34' motorhome is a no brainer for him. I am not quite as comfortable yet..LOL

We bought our first Rv last February. Its a Southwind 34'. We drag race a 68 Nova in Super Pro and Super Street races from March to about October all over Washington, Canada, Oregon and Idaho. We also did a trip to California last April. That was a blast. If anyone is going to Disneyland...check out the Orange RV park..its 2 miles from Disney and the place is awesome.

My parents have had rv's for years and my sisters family has one now so we wanted to be part of the fun! Its been a great adventure so far.

We're looking forward to some fun times again this year.

1994 Southwind 34'
Ajslovinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2005, 07:38 PM   #2

Hello...I already posted some questions but saw this folder so thought I'd officially say hello.

My name is Amy and I'm married to Joe. We have a 15 1/2 year. We live up in Custer Washington. If you havent heard of it I'm not surprised! We're about 12 miles south of the Canadian border in the most upper north west corner of the state. My husband drives a semi with a 53 foot trailer so our 34' motorhome is a no brainer for him. I am not quite as comfortable yet..LOL

We bought our first Rv last February. Its a Southwind 34'. We drag race a 68 Nova in Super Pro and Super Street races from March to about October all over Washington, Canada, Oregon and Idaho. We also did a trip to California last April. That was a blast. If anyone is going to Disneyland...check out the Orange RV park..its 2 miles from Disney and the place is awesome.

My parents have had rv's for years and my sisters family has one now so we wanted to be part of the fun! Its been a great adventure so far.

We're looking forward to some fun times again this year.

1994 Southwind 34'
Ajslovinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #3

Hi Amy,
Being Dutch, by heritage, we have spent time in Lyndon for many years enjoying the community and the Dutch Bakery. We have friends in Enumclaw and Ellensburg, and I have difficulty keeping my wife away from Leavenworth whenever we cross the Washington border.

Welcome the irv2... after you drive the RV a couple of times in the back country, away from traffic, you'll get the hang of it, 'cause I'm sure your husband is a good driving instructor, too.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:35 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Amy, welcome to iRV2. You will find we are a fun loving group of rvers that like to help each other where we can. Looking forward to reading of your adventures and experiences.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:26 AM   #5

Amy & Joe, Welcome to the IRV2 forum, I see you mention that you were " Drag Racers " that is one, of several autosports I really enjoy.
I try to make a couple of the big drag events each year as well as the local stuff.
Good Luck with your Nova! Ed. S