Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-07-2015, 07:24 AM   #1
New Full Timers

Hey Ya'll
Just a quick hello. Nolegirl here, well we did it yep only took my husband 2 yrs to convince me to give up my home of 35yrs.and here we are at Frog Creek campground for a month trying to catch our breath after the yard sales,trips to charity depots and family helping us get rid of "Stuff".It was hard giving up my treasures but looking forward to the rewards of travel.We own a 2005 40' American Tradition and since it's so late in the yr. thinking about traveling up to Maine and then making back to Florida(5th. yr. generation "cracker"). We are in Central Fl. now any suggestion's for a rt. to take would be welcome! Great to be a part of the family!

Nolegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome aboard, and congrats. How exciting, I look forward to the day when my wife acquiesces, and we start our garage sales. Just throw some sand in the air and follow it! Take your time and stroll, no more rushing or rat race, meander, you'll get there. Safe travels.

2015 Bay Star 3401
2013 BMW C650 GT
LCDR USN (ret)
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the fulltiming!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
Welcome to fulltiming, its a great lifestyle. Part of the trick to enjoying it, is to slow down and enjoy everyday, whether you're on the road, doing laundry, shopping, or camped. Remember, you're not on vacation, this is your new life.
On the one hand its nice to get off the interstates and explore the small towns and hidden gems. On the other hand, if I were stuck in central FL in the middle of July, I'd be in a big hurry to get somewhere cooler very quickly. Driving up the east coast this time of year, I'd either want to stay close to the beaches or up in the mountains. all depends on your personal preferences. Just remember, its about the journey, not the destination, have fun
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #5
Hope you enjoy the change. A month from now would be a good time to head for Maine. Take a week to get there and then spend 2 months or so drifting around the state. Slowly drift south with, or just ahead of, the color line. ;-)

On the way north hit every welcome center and pick up information for the trip back. Makes good reading at night. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
Many of the camp grounds in Maine close Oct 1st or there abouts. If you hit Maine in mid Sept the colors are changing and campgrounds are not that crowded. At least in the Acadia area. Then follow the colors down the east cost. Mass, Connecticut, and PA are beautiful that time of years. We did a mini history tour, not a organized tour.
Hit some of the Revolutionary and civil war sites. Ride bicycles down the "Battle Road" from Concord to near Boston for a wonderful history less and demonstrations. It's a living museum so to speak. Gettysburg is awesome. Be sure to see the cyclorama, it's a 360 foot long, life size mural made into a large drum. You view it from inside. The mural depicts Pickett's charge.
Meander on down, stop at Hilton Head Island Motor Coach Resort. Beautiful place amongst someof the tallest pines around and abuts to the bicycle trails that go all over the island.
Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #7
Wow! You did it! I am just preparing to sell and give away. Still trying to decide on used class a or class c since it's just me and my animals. All the best to you!
AthenaGoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #8
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tricia & Dennis Lockhart
2010 Ventana 4333
Spartan MM w/Cummins 360 ISC
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to a fellow full timer. We have been FT since April of this year. Best decision we could have made; enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T, 2014 Smart Car Toad
Robin, Carolyn and Maggie the Schnauzer - 2015 Winnebago 30T, towing 2002 Jeep TJ
RLBCCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #10

Enjoy the adventure ....
Hal & Jackie .... 03 TS Select 45DS01
02 Haulmark 20' Edge .... 02 Corvette Rdstr

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 AM   #11
Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:26 AM   #12
Congrats and welcome to the forum and the new lifestyle!
American Tradition 42R-Cadillac SRX Blue Ox Koni 5050XL MCD Scangauge D Samsung rf197
Fulltime since 2012
336muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Enjoy your lifestyle and Maine.
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #14
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome aboard! Been full timing since January. I'll be headed that direction in September, upstate New York from Texas. Stick to the grey lines I say. Hope it's everything you hoped for and more!

Bon W.
2009 Tioga Ranger25 (Ferdinand)
WierGone is offline   Reply With Quote

full time