Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #1

Hello, I'm brand new to this site. The reason is, I'm looking to purchase a used 2007 National Surf Side 29A. I have to stay under 30' My question for anyone who can help is, do you own or know anything good or bad about this unit? They drive okay at that length? Any specific problems with them, other than the obvious that National is out of business? Any help would be appreciated from those in the know. I have a Safari Trek and know how helpful those on Trek Tracks can be. Thanks.

Red Boots Ranch
redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #2

Hello, I'm brand new to this site. The reason is, I'm looking to purchase a used 2007 National Surf Side 29A. I have to stay under 30' My question for anyone who can help is, do you own or know anything good or bad about this unit? They drive okay at that length? Any specific problems with them, other than the obvious that National is out of business? Any help would be appreciated from those in the know. I have a Safari Trek and know how helpful those on Trek Tracks can be. Thanks.

Red Boots Ranch
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
vj, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us. One thing that will effect the handling very much is the rear overhang off the back axle. What chassis is the coach on?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
VJ...welcome to iRV2! Good luck finding the info you need. I can't help you directly ....but I have linked your post to the National Forum...so now we can be sure the folks there will see your question!

Again..welcome to iRV2..please visit & post often!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #5

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
If you need a brochure or spec. sheet on the '07 Surf Side, you can find one at nationalrv.blogspot.com.

The official National RV website, I believe run by Monaco, appears to be down at this time. Good Luck!

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">.</span>
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
We purchased a Surf Side 29 A on the Ford chassis about two months ago. Like you we needed to stay under thirdy feet. The coach has filled all ou needs great. The only drawback that we experienced was when when had it loaded to travel. We then weighed it for tire loading. The weight was only 180 lbs. under the the 18000 lb. limit and we did not have the spare tire onboard yet. This just made us deside that the water tank would have to be left at 1/3 full while we travel. Not a big deal just an operating change we had to make. It is a very nice coach with lots of very usaable room. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Alvin
onecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. I thought that Trek Tracks was helpful, but I think this site will be even more so. The chassis is a Ford F53. We concluded the deal today, just have to pick it up. Living in southern Utah, we mostly dry camp while using our Jeep and ATV's and usually not more than 200 miles from home. I don't think the gross veh. weight will be an issue for us. The main concern is how it handles out on the road. We'll know soon enough.

Red Boots Ranch
Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
vj...Congrats on your new purchase!!

Explore America - Monaco Corporation bought the domain name "NationalRV.com" but all it does is take you to a Monaco Corp web page.

onecb & vj...I would like to welcome both of you to the National RV forum....can I give you both some "National karma"...pretty please?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 AM   #9

Hello I have been following this site for some time and decided to join in. I have a 2006 travel supreme 42dso4. Dave
dmsatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:00 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dave, Welcome to the best RV forum. Were all glad you stopped by.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Congratulations on the purchase. I think you will like the way it drives. We now have 2500 miles on ours now it drives very well. Good luck. Alvin
onecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #12

I sure hope someone can help with this. I haven't purchased the motorhome yet, thank God, just made the agreement to do so. Per the National RV brochures I just ran into this:
2006 Surf Side 29A - Height = 11'-8"
2007 Surf Side 29A - Height = 12'-1"
My garage door height is 12'-0", naturally. Is there a descrepency in Nationals specs? Did they really change the height between '06 and '07? Anyone know what the height of their Surf Side 29A is? Thanks, I'm in distress!

Red Boots Ranch
Old 10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
they certainly could of. Is that height including vents, dome dish, tv antenna, ladder? I don't think so.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #14

When they list the overall height, it is the max. height of everything except the optional Sat dish. I'm just concerned about the difference between the '06 and '07 models which appear to be identical.

Red Boots Ranch