Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #1

What a great forum! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks or so picking up new information like a sponge. For now, that's all I can do, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future.

I've covered half of the world via motorcycle and I love to travel. Now, however; I'm in the process of moving out of my house and into my motorhome full-time. I had no idea just how long this would take. What do I take, what do I leave, what do I put in storage, or give away, etc. I thought I could move in in a week, but 4 weeks later I'm only halfway done.

I'm pulling a 7 x 14 enclosed trailer that is my rolling garage that holds my tools, bikes and stuff and that's working well.

At this moment in Portland, OR, we're below freezing and I thought keeping the rig warm would also keep my pipes from freezing, but that didn't turn out to be the case, so right now I have a Lean, Mean, Fat Grilling machine in the bay where the pipes are in an effort to keep the pipes thawed.

Anyway, living in the MH rocks and I can't wait to cut the umbilical cord from the house. Hopefully I will see some of y'all down the road some time. My first trip starts Saturday from PDX to Dallas. Hopefully it all goes reasonably well. Oh, and I pulled the ABS fuse ;-)

Thanks!
drrags aka Arno

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #2

What a great forum! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks or so picking up new information like a sponge. For now, that's all I can do, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future.

I've covered half of the world via motorcycle and I love to travel. Now, however; I'm in the process of moving out of my house and into my motorhome full-time. I had no idea just how long this would take. What do I take, what do I leave, what do I put in storage, or give away, etc. I thought I could move in in a week, but 4 weeks later I'm only halfway done.

I'm pulling a 7 x 14 enclosed trailer that is my rolling garage that holds my tools, bikes and stuff and that's working well.

At this moment in Portland, OR, we're below freezing and I thought keeping the rig warm would also keep my pipes from freezing, but that didn't turn out to be the case, so right now I have a Lean, Mean, Fat Grilling machine in the bay where the pipes are in an effort to keep the pipes thawed.

Anyway, living in the MH rocks and I can't wait to cut the umbilical cord from the house. Hopefully I will see some of y'all down the road some time. My first trip starts Saturday from PDX to Dallas. Hopefully it all goes reasonably well. Oh, and I pulled the ABS fuse ;-)

Thanks!
drrags aka Arno

Old 12-16-2008, 01:00 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
drrags, welcome to our website and forums. We are glad to have you join us. One thing that I would highly recommend is that once you have loaded the motorhome and trailer, weight the rig. Be sure you are not overloaded and unsafe to be on the road. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:41 AM   #4

New Horizons Owners Club
Welcome aboard Arno. Check in often and let us know how your travels are going.

Your immediate trip is going to be an adventure in staying thawed out. There is an artic front in place that stretches deep into Texas.
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum from another Oregonian. Yup, it's freezing in the central part of the state also. We're out of here on the 7th of Jan and on the way to Mesa for the rest of the winter.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
drrags...Welcome to iRV2!! We are glad you have decided to join the friendliest forum on the web. There will be some great info that you will find here.
May I also suggest you stop in at the Damon Owners Forum...and while you are there - ask for some "karma"!
Good luck with your new adventure - it will be an experience you will never forget!

Again-welcome to iRV2...please visit & post often!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote