Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #1

Hi folks, I'm Craig Cavanaugh. I've got a wife (Susan), and 2 girls (Kacey, 7, and Maddie, 5). We're looking for a used pop-up to get ready for this summer. I work for Texas Parks and Wildlife at thr CCA/CPL redfish hatchery in Corpus Christi, and build boats on the side. I've got an extensive background in marine maintenance, rigging, and repair prior to joining TPW. I've already seen lots of good information on this site, and hopefully I can throw in some of my technical experience for you guys. Thanks for a great site!

Craig
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #2

Hi folks, I'm Craig Cavanaugh. I've got a wife (Susan), and 2 girls (Kacey, 7, and Maddie, 5). We're looking for a used pop-up to get ready for this summer. I work for Texas Parks and Wildlife at thr CCA/CPL redfish hatchery in Corpus Christi, and build boats on the side. I've got an extensive background in marine maintenance, rigging, and repair prior to joining TPW. I've already seen lots of good information on this site, and hopefully I can throw in some of my technical experience for you guys. Thanks for a great site!

Craig
Old 01-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #3

Craig,
Welcome to the site. You sound like a person that can contribute much to our discussions.

Let me suggest you check out some of the "hard sided" pop-ups such as TrailManor (http://www.trailmanor.com) and Hi-Lo (http://www.hilotrailer.com) as excellent quality, comfortable travel trailers, easy to tow, and no wet canvas to deal with.

We've owned tent trailers, a TrailManor and now a 28' travel trailer. I can speak with experience that the TrailManor was an excellent choice for us at the time we owned it. The only reason we moved to a 28' TT is that our needs changed, otherwise we'd still be traveling in our TrailManor.

Best wishes in your search for the right unit for your family.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Craig, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Good luck on your hunt for the right rig for you and your family. I am sure that a man of your talents will have no trouble in checking out the condition of any unit you get interested in. Keep us posted and let us know how the hunt goes.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:38 AM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Howdy and Welcome to IRV2 to you and your family Craig

Its always nice to have new folks join in. You came to the right place for information. Our Classifieds are down right now, and I happen to have a 99 Coleman Bayside up there. We just got a toyhauler so we can bring our Goldwing along when we go out. We are on the road right now. In Houston until Thursday wont be home until next week so if your interested I will send you some info when I get home. The only things ours needs is someplace in the shade to park. we leave it in the garage. Just let me know.

Have fun while your here, and can't wait to see what you get.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #6

You may want to look at this website:

http://www.arveeclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
kevinbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:52 AM   #7

Thanks for the welcome folks. I'm looking forward to learning a lot, and sharing a little too.