Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome. Here's quick story of our first adventure.
The RV had been in storage on the East coast for a good 8-9 years. Being that it's an older RV (1995) I had no idea what it's condition was other than the opinion of the storage lot owner.
After making arrangements for new tires, an oil change and a basic inspection, we flew out to pick it up and drive it back home to the NW.
We made it but not without a few troubles along the way. First, the engine A/C quit (compressor seal). It was summer so I ended up using running the generator with the roof A/C.
Then, the fresh water stopped working due to algae clogging up the screens and filter. We resolved to use 2gal water containers for washing and flushing.
Then just outside LaGrande OR, the engine threw the alternator belts off and shredded them. The Jake Brake system on the Detroit over-revs the engine so the belts which were probably original, couldn't take the rpm. Not one to wait for AAA and deal with all that goes along with it, I decided to rely on the Kubota generator alterntator to keep us going until I could find the correct "industrial" type belts in Pasco WA.
Lastly, we were just outside of Yakima when a semi truck changed lanes into us and started pushing us off the road. Luckly, the driver woke up (or whatever) and turned back into his lane before we hit the gravel. In all the excitement, I failed to get his licence. The awning took most of the damage and it looks like I'll be able to fix it.
After all that, it'll take a little coaxing to get my wife back into the rv but I think she'll come around.