Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #1

Irv's.

I just purchased a 1994 Four Winds Class C, model M29Q, Ford E350 w/460 engine. I found it at our local RV dealer (Town and Country RV in Athens, GA) where it has been on consignment for literally a couple of years. It has 28,500 original miles on it, but needed some TLC. Took the week off here for spring break and spent days cleaning it up in/out/up/down and fixing things. Yesterday I got the Onan generator running, then purring. AC, fridge, HWH, and water systems all work!

I immediately changed oil/filters and checked all levels in the Ford before I drove it home. I'll also replace the van brake, trans, cooling, and PS fluids system plus will replace the serpentine belt. Tires were new 2 years ago and have zero miles, look great and hold pressure. Both batteries replaced in '08. Runs like a dream. Anything else you can think of?

On the Onan I changed spark plug, oil, oil filter, gas filter, air filter and had to clean bottom jet and bowl of dried gas, but starts. Any recommendations on setting carb? Setting correct (1800) RPM? Guess I need a tach...

Inside the coach there are various little things, stripped hinge screws, etc. all getting addressed.

The old analog Coleman heat/cool thermostat is real jumpy and needs to be replaced. Any recommendations?

We're excited (other than the Gas prices) to have the "new" beast for music festivals, baseball travel (son plays school and league ball), and summer trips up North and perhaps out West. This 29' is big and roomy, great for our family's road trips. And I'm impressed with the Ford E350 cab and chassis. We're long term trailer towers (popups, Airstream, boats, etc), but this is our first motorhome. I'll be looking in the archives for Toad advice too.

Wish us luck,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #2

Irv's.

I just purchased a 1994 Four Winds Class C, model M29Q, Ford E350 w/460 engine. I found it at our local RV dealer (Town and Country RV in Athens, GA) where it has been on consignment for literally a couple of years. It has 28,500 original miles on it, but needed some TLC. Took the week off here for spring break and spent days cleaning it up in/out/up/down and fixing things. Yesterday I got the Onan generator running, then purring. AC, fridge, HWH, and water systems all work!

I immediately changed oil/filters and checked all levels in the Ford before I drove it home. I'll also replace the van brake, trans, cooling, and PS fluids system plus will replace the serpentine belt. Tires were new 2 years ago and have zero miles, look great and hold pressure. Both batteries replaced in '08. Runs like a dream. Anything else you can think of?

On the Onan I changed spark plug, oil, oil filter, gas filter, air filter and had to clean bottom jet and bowl of dried gas, but starts. Any recommendations on setting carb? Setting correct (1800) RPM? Guess I need a tach...

Inside the coach there are various little things, stripped hinge screws, etc. all getting addressed.

The old analog Coleman heat/cool thermostat is real jumpy and needs to be replaced. Any recommendations?

We're excited (other than the Gas prices) to have the "new" beast for music festivals, baseball travel (son plays school and league ball), and summer trips up North and perhaps out West. This 29' is big and roomy, great for our family's road trips. And I'm impressed with the Ford E350 cab and chassis. We're long term trailer towers (popups, Airstream, boats, etc), but this is our first motorhome. I'll be looking in the archives for Toad advice too.

Wish us luck,

Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
DDBass....
Welcome to iRV2! I feel this is the friendliest forum around so I am sure you will find many RV owners on this site who may be able to answer the many questions you may have.
Good luck with your project. I am sure you will enjoy your rig as much as many of us here do ours...
Again... Welcome to iRV2!

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #4

Welcome,don't forget to check all hoses,brake pads. If not already check the roof for caulking. Sounds as thou you have everything covered. Enjoy it.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> spent days cleaning it up in/out/up/down </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Want to do mine?

Welcome to irv2.
As MM said, this is a friendly site with loads of experience. You say you're new to MH'ing but with what you have already done, it sounds like you're already in position to offer us some advice. Congrats
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
ddbass, welcome to iRV2.com. Glad you could join us. Congratulations on the Four Winds motorhome. If you run into anything you need help with, just ask; there is a load of info here that I learn from everyday. Good luck and stay safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 AM   #7

Welcome to the site.Come on over to the Thor owners section and let me know if you want to add some karma under your name.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote