Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
New Kids on the Block

I've been lurking on this forum from time to time, finally decided to jump on and give an intro.
First, I have to thank the forum in general for some great insight and advise. Good, bad, opinionated, or straight forward, many threads have been extremely helpful.
We aren't new to RVing, but finally first time owners! For the last 10 years (that sounds kinda bad) we've had the opportunity to use my Business Partner's 2001 Monaco - Being fortunate, my partner is also my dear ol' Dad . Let me tell you, looking at used Pushers after having that much time in a Monaco -we're spoiled! We looked at a TON of used RV's. We considered 5th wheels, C's, Gas A's but could never get past everything we felt were the pluses of a Pusher. But we aren't going to be full timers and the coin for a Pusher to sit parked in our shop for 45-48 weeks out the year makes the money hard to justify. My dad and I even talked about partnering on a new one, except my 1/2 of what he wanted was more than twice what I can handle! Plus I have three kids, and he doesn't travel with his 3 in a motorhome anymore so our needs/wants were too different to compromise. I'm rambling. Anyhow, after deciding a Pusher is what we wanted, deciding on basic floor plans, sleeping arrangements, length, things that were deal breakers, things that would be extra perks but not "must haves" etc, etc, we found one in So Cal I was going to fly out, look at, and if all goes right drive home. Long story short- thanks to many threads on this forum, and a couple good friends that know the business a bit, there were more red flags than needed to cancel my flights. This all came to a head the day before I was leaving. We had already driven to Albuquerque and instead of heading home early decided to hit the RV lots. Again looking at what was available we never found the one that meet all of our criteria. While looking at one Dealer we drove by a Thor Palazzo (hold your comments- I've read the threads) and My sweetheart and I both said what a good looking Coach it was. That one happened to be already sold anyway so we didn't look inside. We were just about to leave and my wife picks up a Palazzo sales book and sees the 36.1 floor plan and tells the sales guy " I wish you had one of these to look at" Grabbing the keys he says that's the sold one but lets look anyway. The rest is History. We fell in love with the layout and the whole thing. So we take delivery of ours (they had to get one from the Co store) on next Friday! I've got the Avalanche we towed behind the Monaco all ready to go too!
Sorry for the long winded "Hello" and Thanks Again to the forum for the insights and advise.
I will be more of a forum reader than poster most likely, unless I have something to REALLY add. Besides 3 kids (5, 8, and 10 yrs), 2500 cows and a crop in the field, I need to save all my free time for getting our new/next adventure out on the road and making memories as a family. Hope to see any of the members on the road. You'll know us by the "got milk?" on the back of the coach and tow rig.

Troostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome Aboard! \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 AM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:28 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tricia & Dennis Lockhart
2010 Ventana 4333
Spartan MM w/Cummins 360 ISC
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like you found your coach, enjoy the memories. Safe travels.
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:17 AM   #7
Congrats on the Palazzo! We have an '11 Astoria and love it.

David, Heidi, M and Moose(the lab)
2011 Damon Astoria
Pulling an'09 Chevy CrewCab.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #8

Congrats on the new coach ..... Enjoy !!!

Hal & Jackie .... 03 TS Select 45DS01
02 Haulmark 20' Edge .... 02 Corvette Rdstr

Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote