Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #1

I have followed this fourm for several months and feel it is a great benfit to all RVer's. I am retired from the Dept of Correction in Pa. My last work place was SCI Greene in Waynesburg. I served as Maintenance Superintendent since 1991 when I was one of the original 15 to open the place. It was quite the job and really a good place to work with the other staff. I currently just purchased my 4 th motorhome which is a new 06 Winnebago Voyage. We are getting it all together for our first trip after the 30 th. I have only driven it about 3 miles at the present when I went for a test ride. I had owned a previous Workhorse Chasis before but this one is like night and day with the new 6 speed trans and I feel better sunspension. Reason for not driving at present was I had a quadruple bypass on the 13 th of July. I had no previous symtoms of any thing wrong but am really doing well on getting back on my feet. My main problem is not being allowed to drive or ride my quad and motorcycle. I hate to depend on anyone to do what I want to do even if it is my wife that putts up with me. One of my worse problems with posting is my spelling(which I never was too good) and my typing which is improving but slow. I hope I am able to also to contribute to this forum in the future. Thanks for an outstanding place.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
GLTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #2

I have followed this fourm for several months and feel it is a great benfit to all RVer's. I am retired from the Dept of Correction in Pa. My last work place was SCI Greene in Waynesburg. I served as Maintenance Superintendent since 1991 when I was one of the original 15 to open the place. It was quite the job and really a good place to work with the other staff. I currently just purchased my 4 th motorhome which is a new 06 Winnebago Voyage. We are getting it all together for our first trip after the 30 th. I have only driven it about 3 miles at the present when I went for a test ride. I had owned a previous Workhorse Chasis before but this one is like night and day with the new 6 speed trans and I feel better sunspension. Reason for not driving at present was I had a quadruple bypass on the 13 th of July. I had no previous symtoms of any thing wrong but am really doing well on getting back on my feet. My main problem is not being allowed to drive or ride my quad and motorcycle. I hate to depend on anyone to do what I want to do even if it is my wife that putts up with me. One of my worse problems with posting is my spelling(which I never was too good) and my typing which is improving but slow. I hope I am able to also to contribute to this forum in the future. Thanks for an outstanding place.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
GLTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

GLTaylor, CONGRATS on your retirement and WELCOME to iRV2!!

As long as you can spell iRV2, you'll do just fine here...

Let us here more of your experiences with getting the new rig ready and we certainly hope you're on the mend from your recent health issues!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome GLTaylor to irv2.
Welcome to retirement also and get well enough to drive your new motorhome.
Don't worry about spelling just enjoy the forums and post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #5

GL, Best wishes for a fast recovery from your surgery and best wishes with you new Winnebago.
Best wishes & safe travels.
J. Wood
Old 08-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Welcome Mr. Taylor. Glad you're with us. Let that ticker heal up for a few months and enjoy the rest of your retired life.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to have you here. Hope you get to feeling better and wear out that nwe rig having fun. let us hear about some of your travels.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:55 AM   #8

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...Good luck with your RV adventures...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome GLTaylor, best wishes for a speedy recovery and congratulations on your new Motorhome.

This change of life"”style, retirement is great, I "retired"¯ 03/31/2005 at 60 after 42 years with the same company.

We purchased our first Motorhome, Oct 8th.,2003 it is a 2003 Itasca Sunrise 36M, it was used
with 8,628 miles on it. My first experience driving a MH, drove it home to Michigan from Indiana 360 miles. Enjoyed it. We have a total of 28,000 mile to date.

We wish you many happy and safe miles ahead for you and yours.

Bob
Old 08-10-2006, 04:19 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to the IRV2.com family . Great bunch of folks here with lots of helpful info and great stories to share. Congratulations on your retirement and you new rig. Now that you have a 'mended heart' sounds like you are well on the way to enjoying great times on the road.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #11

Hey GL. I am retired LEO transplanted to PA from IL. Enjoy your well deserved time off. Hope to see you on the road.

Space Coast, FL
JJ Hamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #12

Hey GL - welcome aboard! We have a good bunch here that are willing to share their considerable experience. Keep exercising so you can get back in the saddle.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #13

GL welcome!!
The WIT club has a LEO club within it. Always looks like they're having fun together at GNR every year.
Take care and hope to see you on the road.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome Gary,

Please check your email for a private message. My brother and you worked together at Greene. He said to say hello. Welcome to the forum, you will find it a great source of information and knowledge about RVing. Hope you are on the mend and on the road soon.

Glenda
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote