Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 AM   #1

Hello to all
Jim & Janet from Smithfield OH. Really new to large campers, most of my camping has been from the saddlebag of a Motorcycle, but older age and retirement have allowed us to enjoy some easier methods of seeing this Great United States of ours.
New Victory Lane purchased in April 06, hooked up to 03 GMC 2500HD, loaded the sidecar unit in the back and toured about 14000 miles last year. Looking forward to Alaska this year.
Jim & Janet

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 AM   #2

Hello to all
Jim & Janet from Smithfield OH. Really new to large campers, most of my camping has been from the saddlebag of a Motorcycle, but older age and retirement have allowed us to enjoy some easier methods of seeing this Great United States of ours.
New Victory Lane purchased in April 06, hooked up to 03 GMC 2500HD, loaded the sidecar unit in the back and toured about 14000 miles last year. Looking forward to Alaska this year.
Jim & Janet

Old 01-17-2007, 06:19 AM   #3

Welcome Jim& Janet,looks like we are all just about alike. Going the tent,van and so on in the route to a more comfortable rig. That is a lot of miles in one year. Anything about the trips to share. Keep enjoying the lifestyle.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #4

Welcome Jim & Janet. Check out the "pond piggies" you can camp with them and get to know us. Glad you found us. We are a great group of people.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
OK,I'll bite. What is a 'pond piggie?

Welcome to the forum Thumperlvr. Other than the above listed question,U can find out a bunch of things here that may be useful...I hope!
Capt.Dan said it!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #6

Check under chapters, North Central Region, Pond Piggies.....Ohio, around Lake Erie, etc. They named it

DH (Larry) <><
Old 01-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
J & J ...
Welcome to IRV2!Congrats on your recent "Large Camper" purchase.
I hope you enjoy your Alaska trip this summer...but before you go - make sure you pick up a new "Milepost" book for Alaska. It will forewarn you of the newest raod hazards along with what you should see while you are there
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello Gang. Just found you all. I just bought a 2007 fleetwood Terra L X 31M for my dog. I'm retired and me and the little girl are going to travel in it. Kids said I might die working on the old RV I bought years ago. Kona doesn't like motel rooms and we like to stop and chase rabbits when she wants. Been on two trips so far and now have it in for check up. Got to build a seat so the little can see out the window. Chat later
Old 01-18-2007, 04:20 AM   #9

Welcome Glen Taylor Jr. Yep, you've got to cater to the dogs. Glad you found us. Hope you enjoy your trips with your doggie.

DH (Larry) <><