Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
I have been lurking on the forum for a few days. I have become very interested in the Excel, especially after seeing the 36 GKE at the recent RV show here in Des Moines, IA. It is one beautiful unit. My wife and I plan on retiring in 563 days and then go full time. We currently have a 95 Travel Supreme and a 2000 F350 one ton dually, diesel. So I have a couple questions of the group. Is the F350 enough to pull the Excel GKE? Also we want to visit the factory in Smith Center, where is a good place to spend the night there?
Thanks for your help and I enjoy reading all the posts and hope to one day be part of the group.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome Khoenig, you are already a part of the group if you have dream and a keyboard. RVers are the greatest people, and I'm sure you will enjoy the conversations.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Mothership
Sounds like the retirement countdown has started! Retirement is a wonderful thing, you still get paid and don't need to to anything if you don't want to! What a concept. Welcome to the forum and good luck in finding your new RV!
Mothership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
khoenig , I would like to welcome you to IRV2 and I hope you come here a lot and do lots of posting. If you go here, a lot of you’re Excel questions will be answered, some in a serious manner and some in a humorous style. Which ever style you get take it with a grain of salt. These folks are a lot of fun. I am an Iowa boy from the Okoboji area and if you need anything PM me and I’ll try to get you’re answer. Our fearless leader is taking care of some family things but when MonacoMama gets around more ask her for some karma. Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
khoenig, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on the upcoming retirement. I am sure you are excited about this fork in the road and I know you will enjoy this website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 AM   #6

Welcome to iRV2.com lots of information here from a lot of good folks. My wife and share the same dream of being able to retire and full time someday in the future. Enjoy the site and good luck.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
khoenig...
I would like to also welcome you to iRV2. You will find some great information along with some very friendly & faithful friends on the Excel forum. They are willing to share some great information, tips and of course the friendly jabs...all done in jest...especially once you become an Excel owner!

Good luck making those days to retirement count down faster than normal!

Again...welcome to iRV2..we hope you visit & post often.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote