Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #15

40 to 60 lbs PSI -

For a reference point, how does that compare to an actual non-movable, in the ground, house’s shower’s water pressure?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxxi View Post
40 to 60 lbs PSI -

For a reference point, how does that compare to an actual non-movable, in the ground, house’s shower’s water pressure?

That is normal residential pressure. The problem in some RVs is plumbing that is sized small like 3/8” rather than 1/2” and many times there are restrictions in the plumbing. Volume of flow is as important as pressure.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #17

That’s why I’m asking.
I don’t know what the PSI is for a residential home, so I have nothing to gauge it by.

Are you saying that 40 to 60 PSI is normal for a residential house? (I wouldn’t have a clue.)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We have a pretty new coach and the plumbing is sound. However, water pressure in campgrounds varies a lot from place to place. That’s why you need a pressure regulator at the water in tack to keep from getting hammered by a campground with high pressure.

That said, low campground pressure is also a common problem. We leave our fresh water tank on auto-fill and run the water pump on the coach all the time. This keeps the pressure uniform.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
... That’s why you need a pressure regulator at the water in tack to keep from getting hammered by a campground with high pressure ...

I never considered campgrounds having high pressure water supplies. Just low pressure.

That’s why I love this forum.
I am constantly learning from y’all.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxxi View Post
That’s why I’m asking.
I don’t know what the PSI is for a residential home, so I have nothing to gauge it by.

Are you saying that 40 to 60 PSI is normal for a residential house? (I wouldn’t have a clue.)

Residential plumbing generally has a pressure reducer at the plumbing entrance to the residence. The most common setting is in the 40-55 psi range.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags