Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #1

Just joined and will probably lurk for awhile to get to know how to use this site.

We've been RVing since "96 and full-timing since "06 in our 39ft Travel Supreme with no regret or backward glances. We have 5 more states camp in to complete our U.S. map. Have visited over 100 campgrounds in the last two years and each winter we hunker down on Hilton Head Island.

Look forward to getting to know y'all.

Charlie Ken
Charlie Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Charlie Ken, what a dream you are living.........and to think you winter's are spent in Hilton Head, haven't been there but have seen the site's on the Web, and must say NICE place to stay. You will like this site as there are many people just like you, eager to help with about anything you come up with. Jump in anytime and enjoy, good luck,
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to have you on iRV2. Anytime you are down Texas way, check the Texas Boomer Rally Schedule and drop in for a visit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome, I am also new to this site.
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justimagination View Post
Charlie Ken, what a dream you are living.........and to think you winter's are spent in Hilton Head, haven't been there but have seen the site's on the Web, and must say NICE place to stay. You will like this site as there are many people just like you, eager to help with about anything you come up with. Jump in anytime and enjoy, good luck,
David G.
Thanks Dave G. We sure are lucky having worked more than 50 years and still having good health to be living the lifestyle we love. Noticed you were in the AF. I joined in 55 and served 4 active and 2 inactive. That's where the bug that bit me came from. A young New Englander, who had never left home found myself in New York, New Haven, San Francisco, Hawaii, Okinawa, Formosa, Japan, Korea, Portsmouth, NH and Greenland; all in four years. Discovered there was more to the world that Boston and am living long enough to continue exploring. Thanks again for your greetings.

Charlie Ken
Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Charlie (or any full-timer) What do you do regarding a residence state? Maintaining registrations and insurance... Post... IRS... Bank...(?) Just wondering as I will have the opportunity to start full-timing in February and I'm looking forward to it but it would help if I had an idea what organization it takes to still keep in touch with the real world.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrv View Post
Welcome, I am also new to this site.
Welcome to both of us. We pack BMW R-1150R on the back of our Travel for those rare and beautiful places with no traffic, curvey roads in wide open spaces. Guess we are getting too old to dodge the chemically afflicted. How do you carry your Harley?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by namwob View Post
Charlie (or any full-timer) What do you do regarding a residence state? Maintaining registrations and insurance... Post... IRS... Bank...(?) Just wondering as I will have the opportunity to start full-timing in February and I'm looking forward to it but it would help if I had an idea what organization it takes to still keep in touch with the real world.
Congratulations and best wishes for full-timing. It's a very nice life-style we wish we had started sooner. The worst part of full-timing (and retiring in general) is realizing we don't have to get to the office by 8am, or get to an appointment, or meeting, or even get out of bed before sundown if we choose. The shackles of our non-retirement years take a long time to go away, but we are working hard on that.

We still own property in New Hampshire where our daughter and grandchildren live, so our vehicles are registered in that State. Quite a few of our neighbors in our Resort, form LLCs in Montana and transfer the title to their vehicles into the LLC. It costs about $1,200 to set up the LLC through a Montana attorney, but there is no sales tax and no annual inspection requirement. I'm not familiar with the registration costs, but have heard those figures are reasonable. No doubt you could "google" the subject and get tons of info.

Here on Hilton Head there is an independent postal service where our friend has a post office box, that holds his mail and forwards it when he calls for it. There are other postal services through clubs, but we have never used them. Our mail goes to our NH address and our daughter calls and reads our mail to us by phone.

I understand that Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) is an excellent club for RVers and we plan to re-join for their magazine, insurances, etc.

No doubt there are members who can provide much more information, which I will look forward to reading as well. Best wishes.