Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #1

New Member Check In

Check In
Thanks for the Welcome, and as mentioned in another thread, we are the Petrie's my name is Dale and my wife's name is Helen. We are retired and reside in Bathurst New Brunswick.
We have been RVers most of our lives with Class Cs and Fifth wheels. Three year ago while visiting Williston RV Park in Northern Florida, I saw a Gentlemen and his RIG, a class A pusher with a Stacker Tag trailer and yes he had all his toys with him. Well I went back to my Fifth Wheel and 1 ton Dodge Diesel dually, and said Hon, we have a problem, then I showed her this Guys rig and he was from Ontario by the way. So we came home to New Brunswick in April, and started to Liquidate our RV stuff including my Dodge diesel, which I had grown very fond off, mainly because I like the ISB 24 Valve 5.9 L engine. simple and strong. The search to replace our RV gear with a Class A began, with limits. The hardest item for me was trying to find a good coach with a winter package with a Cummins diesel that had a class V hitch ( 10,000 pds) not many good second hand units out there. So anyway, with the many issues of engines , transmissions, exterior construction roofs heating and ventilation everybody out there who is trying to liquidate their coach, not many actually know or don't want to share the truth about their coach ( Good and Bad) .
So I educated myself on what I thought was good and what I wanted to stay away from taking in mind I have no RV dealer of good reputation to work on a rig. So our new coach is a Winnebago Journey 36 DL, it has a Caterpillar 3126 engine which is a C7 Series, with a Allison 6 speed. this engine produces 330 hp and 860 ft pds of torque. There are bigger and better, but as I said staying within our limits, this unit drives , accommodates and pulls our enclosed car hauler and classic cars nicely and easily. In short, after doing all the mechanical maintenance and six new XRV's we believe we are set up to begin southern journeys to South Carolina, Georgia and Northern Florida. In closing this is who we are and what we do.
From Bathurst NB , Thanks for the Welcome
Helen and Dale
Dale Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dale! Congrats on the new rig!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Dale,

Again Congrats on the new rig and set up. Thanks for the "Thanks" you sent me, as well. What are the details on your trailer please?

Also, I have to ask, what classic cars are residing inside?

As you can see, I'm sort of there with you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	133111  
HD Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #4

Hi Mark & Haydee
You will have to excuse me, I am still learning this site's parameters and workings. I can't figure out how to post a picture without the URL !
Well Mark since you asked about my enclosed car hauler, this is my second one. I sold the first one because of GVWR and length issues behind MHomes. The one I have now has a GVWR of 10,000 pds, sitting on 2 - 5K axles with electric brakes. I installed aluminum checkered floor plating along with a 12K pds wench. It is made by US Cargo
Inside the Trailer we have a few cars, only one I bought complete and that was a 1985 GMC sierra. this is a one owner vehicle that will not leave our family.
Other cars that we have are a 1967 Pontiac Beaumont 2 Dr HT Sport Deluxe, Canadian made in Oshawa Ontario in March of 1967, the last one is a 1972 Chevy Nova SS. These are cars that I built not purchased. If you want pictures of the build processes , send me your direct email and I'll forward a few.
Thanks for the inquiry.
Dale
Dale Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Welcome to the forum.
Here's a link to help you navigate the site and add photos as well.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Petrie View Post
Hi Mark & Haydee
You will have to excuse me, I am still learning this site's parameters and workings. I can't figure out how to post a picture without the URL !

Dale

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:29 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Petrie View Post
Hi Mark & Haydee
Well Mark since you asked about my enclosed car hauler, this is my second one. I sold the first one because of GVWR and length issues behind MHomes. The one I have now has a GVWR of 10,000 pds, sitting on 2 - 5K axles with electric brakes. I installed aluminum checkered floor plating along with a 12K pds wench. It is made by US Cargo
Inside the Trailer we have a few cars, only one I bought complete and that was a 1985 GMC sierra. this is a one owner vehicle that will not leave our family.
Other cars that we have are a 1967 Pontiac Beaumont 2 Dr HT Sport Deluxe, Canadian made in Oshawa Ontario in March of 1967, the last one is a 1972 Chevy Nova SS. These are cars that I built not purchased. If you want pictures of the build processes , send me your direct email and I'll forward a few.
Thanks for the inquiry.
Dale

Dale,

Thanks for the info. Sounds great. I will PM you with my email.

Mark
HD Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags