My wife and I recently purchased a 23' 1989 Winnebago Chieftain. We were expecting a nightmare for the $1500 that we paid, but, surprisingly, most everything works! We have replaced the puppy poo carpet with a nice vinyl flooring. We have almost figured out the switches. We are having issues with the radio. I am getting no power from the main unit even after changing the fuse.
We have taken one trip already and discovered some leaks in the roof. A little syllicon solved that problem. I hope to have it ready for a Christmas trip from Tampa to Texas.
We look forward to gaining knowledge and hopefully sharing tips that we learn on our journeys.
Alpha & Ronnie