Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #1

New Member; Engine Question

Hi.

We were in the market to buy a DP and at first we were looking at a National Tropical with the Cummins. But after getting a call from a Camping World salesman he tells us there was a Forest River Berkshire with the XC chassis with the MBE900 engine from Mercedes Benz with a 6 speed Allison tranny. Could not find anyone on the forum that owns one and i need to know if this is a good motor and can it use bio diesel fuel? We are picking it up on the 19th of may and I need to know if we may be making a mistake.

Thanks all.
paul305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome aboard. The MBE 900 is a solid perfroming medium duty diesel. You should be able to get it serviced at and Detroit Diesel or Freightliner shop and probably many other truck repair shops as well.

Here are the engine owner manuals for the MBE 900:

2007 MBE 900

2004-2006 MBE 900
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #3

We own a 2008 Berkshire that we bought new 14 months ago. Absolutely love the MH. We also have the MBE engine, and it performs very well in the 28K motor home. If you have further questions let me know. We absolutely do NOT regret buying the FR coach.
Kent & Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies ,I have fuel milage question how many per gallon and have you heard of anyone running biodiesel in that motor,it is the mbe 926 to be exact with an allison 3000 6 speed trans ,I will not be towing anything yet accecpt about 8 family members on our first trip to north Carolina to visit the mother in law I have driven this trip many times itis897 miles from door to door hope this helps ,Kent & Peggy since you have the same coach I hope y'all can answer my question thanks a bunch this forum is the best,
paul305 is offline   Reply With Quote