Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to BonnieB2
New Member from CA

We have just bought our first RV, an '05 Fleetwood Revolution. My biggest fears are getting into a situation where it is too big and we have to maneuver a lot to get out of it. We have so much to learn about how to operate everything, what roads to avoid, where to find places we can park it while on the road, etc. Any road and maneuver info you can offer us will be gratefully accepted. We have to stock it too and any advice on kitchen and other household stuff will be very happily received. There is a wealth of information out there. I just have to find it!

Bonnie and Jerry B.
Santa Ynez, CA

BonnieB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome, Bonnie and Jerry. Post often and ask questions.

dajudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bonnie and Jerry;

Welcome to iRV2. We are glad you found us. We have a wealth of information available to you just by asking. When I purchased my present 39' MH I had the same concerns you have. My DW and I adjusted very fast and we have had no serious problems. I am sure you will love and appreciate your Revolution. Post often and share your travel experiences with us.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Bonnie & Jerry,

Let me extend a warm welcome to you too. We are relatively new to the iRV2 forum. However, we have been campers for a number of years and eventually graduated to a 42 foot motor home. The common denominator to adjusting is take your time, in driving, parking, setting up, packing up, and learning from others. While in campgrounds or a Walmart parking lot, get to know others and their experiences.

Wishing you folks the best.
David & Gail Salisbury, NC
2003 American Eagle 42'
denochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar
denochs has it right on. Take your time...don't let others pace you. Try to always know your surroundings. I always get out of the motorhome and check before backing into a camp site...left, right, up and down. Those tree branches can sneak up on you.
2008 Jeep Sahara '4Dr"
Ronnie Bledsoe
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #6
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Bonnie & Jerry,

I'm even newer than you, having just joined today! But I have two things to offer... one is an Excel spreadsheet that my better half & I customized for ourselves of all items to take on an RV trip. I can send it to you to use/modify for yourselves if you like. The second thing is to say that you have a great "practice area" very near you to test your RV-ing skills without going far away, that being Cachuma Lake. One or two overnighters there will do wonders to your RV-ing confidence

RVee'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
Welcome and take it slow and careful. Remember, those folks you might hold up while you make sure you fit are people that you will never see agian.
2009 Winnebago Tour 40TD
Pulling a Ford Escape Hybrid with Blue Ox stuff
Rockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
Monaco Owners Club
RVee'r is right about the practice area. We started by going to not-too-crowded state parks in our area. It didn't take long to feel comfortable with driving, parking and setting up. As for what to carry, we soon realized that we were just traveling--not moving! Also, going to new stores for supplies can be part of the fun.

Congratulations on your new coach!

N4QVB is offline   Reply With Quote