Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I joined the forum and started posting before I found this new member check-in.

We just traded our 05 Fleetwood Southwind 37C for a 08 Winnebago Destination 39W. While looking for info on the new coach I found this site.

I have found a ton of info already on this site and nothing but friendly people.

We plan on starting to visit others states right after the first of year. Hope to see some of you on the road.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I joined the forum and started posting before I found this new member check-in.

We just traded our 05 Fleetwood Southwind 37C for a 08 Winnebago Destination 39W. While looking for info on the new coach I found this site.

I have found a ton of info already on this site and nothing but friendly people.

We plan on starting to visit others states right after the first of year. Hope to see some of you on the road.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #3

Welcome, wthomas1, to iRV2. I'm sure you will not only glean lots of useful information from this forum, but that you will have lots to contribute, as well.

We are former residents of Novato and moved to our mountain home after retirement.

Enjoy the new rig.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
wthomas1...
Welcome to IRV2! As you said before... there is pretty much nothing but a great group of friendly people here. You will also find them to be very helpful & full of great information - so always feel free to ask anything...and also don't forget to post stuff you find helpful to others!

Again...welcome to IRV2 ...and enjoy your new Winnebago!
PS.. you may want to go down to the Winnebago forum below..and ask to become a member!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lake Almanor is a great place. I was raised in Oroville and camped at Lake Almanor in my youth. My mother-in-law had a summer place at Vagabond Resort for many years. We enjoyed visiting her there every summer.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MonacoMama:

I visited your blog and enjoyed your writings on genealogy and visiting cemetaries. I have spent 20 plus years researching my family roots. The only place I have done extensive cemetary visits is South East Oklahoma. I plan on visiting North West Missouri ASAP as my
Thomas ancestors settled there in 1834. I have cemetary records that show a lot of my ancestors are buried there.

If you don't understand the journey your ancestors made, you will never appreciate just how far you have come.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
wthomas1..
What area of Mo will you be traveling to? I was back in the SW corner for Sacs side of the family - but it seems I have eastern Mo on my side...heck ...we could be "kissin' cuzins"
(don't get jealous - Sacs... wthomas1 is only 90 minutes away from us! )

Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carrollton, Carroll County. It is up in the North West part of Missouri. I have over 12,000 folks in my database, so we may well be related.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Carrollton, Carroll County. It is up in the North West part of Missouri. I have over 12,000 folks in my database, so we may well be related </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't have my main computer that has my genealogy program on it here...so I can't check it...but I have over 90,000 in my database and I am sure I have some Thomas folks in it..nice to meet ya, Cuzin!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Wayne & Roberta, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and w look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. COngratulations on the new Destination. Good luck and take care.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #11

Hi Wayne and Roberta, and welcome to iRV2. You are one of the first to own a rig on the new UFO chassis and I'll be interested (as I'm sure others will as well) in knowing how well it serves you.
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #12

Hi Wayne and Roberta and welcome to the best RV forum around.

I'm also an ex-Novato person like Paul (above) and now live at Lake Berryessa. Right at this moment I'm at Brigham City in Utah on my way to Moab and then Zion NP and Pahrump. Having a great time touring around (we've also been to Mt. Rainier NP, Glacier NP and Yellowstone this trip.)

I hope you continue to visit this forum--I've had many questions answered here!

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wish I had found this forum when I bought my first RV last year. I have already found out many, many things and have "met" some great people.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Say Wayne hows that UFO chassis moving your Destination.
If you could post your answer down in Workhorse forum you maybe come busy posting some people are really interested in the UFO's.
Congrats on your new coach many safe miles.
Belated welcome to irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote