Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #1

New Member from Sandy, Utah

Hello and thanks for all of you being out there. We are new to the site and are looking forward to finding out from you what works, what's good and what to stay away from. Have always believed in asking questions and hoping to get the right answers from people like all of you that have been there and done that. We know that sometimes you have to step in the fire to find out the temperature we are just hoping we avoid some of those really bad burns.

Guy and Barbara

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pirates View Post
We know that sometimes you have to step in the fire to find out the temperature we are just hoping we avoid some of those really bad burns.
Guy and Barbara,, Avast!!!!

Please feel welcome here and please do come back and visit here often!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome aboard. Got any questions, just ask away. Someone will have an answer for you.

Ken
Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Guy & Barbara...
welcome!
from peter & larry
(we're in vancouver, bc)
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome Guy and Barbara.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #6

To be welcomed

Wow ! thanks all for responding. It's nice to get a reception like this. We sure hope to meet some of you someday out there on the hwy or. Looking at a 2000 32ft. Gulf Stream tomorrow. V10 with a bunch of miles (like 97000). They want close to 30K for it. Has some fiberglass that needs fixed in front end and back end, Ladder is broken, has some cosmetic stuff to be done for sure. Interior is beautiful and just needs to be cleaned up. Any thoughts cause we are really open eared.

Thanks again,

Guy and Barb
Old 10-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome! We are in West jordan!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pirates View Post
Wow ! thanks all for responding. It's nice to get a reception like this. We sure hope to meet some of you someday out there on the hwy or. Looking at a 2000 32ft. Gulf Stream tomorrow. V10 with a bunch of miles (like 97000). They want close to 30K for it. Has some fiberglass that needs fixed in front end and back end, Ladder is broken, has some cosmetic stuff to be done for sure. Interior is beautiful and just needs to be cleaned up. Any thoughts cause we are really open eared.

Thanks again,

Guy and Barb
Hello Guy and Barb and welcome to the forum.

Since you asked for "any thoughts"............the price for the coach and more due to the condition of it sounds quite high to me. One very large concern I would have is the condition of the coach implies to me that it was not well taken care of. Having said that you may have the skills to put it in top condition and make any mechanical repairs a 97,000 mile gas coach may either have or will have. If it were me I would be looking at a well cared for rig so that I could expect to use it and have fun rather than work on it.
One other thought is: consider coaches in parts of the country where RV prices may be more attractive. For instance used coaches in Florida seem to be numerous and therefore more attractively priced. As an example, I know of a 38', '02 diesel coach with about 1/2 the miles that is priced at about twice what you found. It may not be in your price range but I mention it only to provide a sort-of benchmark for my thoughts.
You could get someone local to the coach to do some preliminary check-out for you. I'm betting you can find a better buy than what you described sounds like. Just don't get in a hurry to buy something......it's a buyer's market so take your time and You will find a great buy.

KIX is offline   Reply With Quote