Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
New Member from Wisconsin

I am happy to join this informational group and hope to learn more about our diesel pusher. I retired in 2003 and purchased a new 38ft Phaeton (Tiffin Motorhome) and travel down South in the winter. I am getting more involved with the service aspect of the 330Cat-3126 engine and hope to expand my knowledge in that regard. Happy travels.
dale240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #2

Welcome..........Am new myself and hope to be getting alot of information to do the service myself on my 5th wheel.
behmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us and hope you enjoy the site. Hope you're enjoying your retirement and have a great experience in all your future travels. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #4

jpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dale! Welcome to IRV2! It's good to have you join the bunch here! Let us hear from you often! Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Dale, welcome to the forum. A couple of things that may be of help to you. If you're not a member of FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association), join. Once you're a member of or if you're already a member of FMCA, join the Freightliner Chassis Owner's Club (FCOC) freightliner. The have a section on their website about chassis maintenance. Join the CAT rv cluyb CAT RV Club, an FMCA Chapter. Both of these are chapters of FMCA so you must be a member of FMCA to join either one. Make arraingnments to attend Camp Freightliner Camp Freightliner at the Freightliner Service Center in Gaffney, SC., while in route on one of your trips to Florida. It's a two day school to familarize you with your particular chassis and how to properly maintain it. Schedule your coach for its' annual service while your taking the class. You can park for free (neither the school nor the annual maintenance is free) in their lot with 50 amp electric. There is a convenient sewer dump station w/water where you can dump your tanks and/or fill you tank is necessary. I attended the school several years ago. I still get my coach serviced in Gaffney every year.

Look into becoming a member of the Tiffin Owner's Net http://tiffinrvnetwork.com/forum/index.php in addition looking at the Tiffin Owner's Forum section of this site. Like here it's free and there are quite a few on that site that can answer many of your questions.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #7

Happy Rving!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #8

Hello and welcome from another WI person. I am sure more WI people will welcome you as well. This is a good site for you to visit and learn, it has helped me in many ways.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Hi Dale, welcome to the forum. A couple of things that may be of help to you. If you're not a member of FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association), join. Once you're a member of or if you're already a member of FMCA, join the Freightliner Chassis Owner's Club (FCOC) freightliner. The have a section on their website about chassis maintenance. Join the CAT rv cluyb CAT RV Club, an FMCA Chapter. Both of these are chapters of FMCA so you must be a member of FMCA to join either one. Make arraingnments to attend Camp Freightliner Camp Freightliner at the Freightliner Service Center in Gaffney, SC., while in route on one of your trips to Florida. It's a two day school to familarize you with your particular chassis and how to properly maintain it. Schedule your coach for its' annual service while your taking the class. You can park for free (neither the school nor the annual maintenance is free) in their lot with 50 amp electric. There is a convenient sewer dump station w/water where you can dump your tanks and/or fill you tank is necessary. I attended the school several years ago. I still get my coach serviced in Gaffney every year.

Look into becoming a member of the Tiffin Owner's Net A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Index page in addition looking at the Tiffin Owner's Forum section of this site. Like here it's free and there are quite a few on that site that can answer many of your questions.

Thanks for all of the tips. I am a FMCA member, a Cat RV club member and also log on to the Tiffin RV network. I have used all of these forums in the past to gain knowledge and each site has provided more information then I could ever remember. I have not been to Gaffney and certainly would like to attend in the near future. Finding a "honest mechanic" at any of the service centers has been an experience that makes my hair curl. I try to do some of the maintenance myself, but crawling under the rig at my age is a numbing endeavor. Thanks for the kind greetings...Dale
dale240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome from another Wisconsinite. 3126 CAT good engine, on my second MH both with CAT's. Safe travels and remember just because it's yellow don't make it a lemon.