Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #29

IMHO, part of the problem (misunderstanding) is that we all come from many varied backgrounds, cultures, and just different parts of the country. A word or phrase that is just normal conversation between rednecks here in Louisiana might be considered offensive in another part of the country. Sometimes I wright something that sounds funny to me might really rile someone else's feathers. I too have taken offense to some posts on different forums. When that happens I just make a mental note not to converse with that person and I think FIDO was the acronym
barryb
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #30
HHg

Sorry you are leaving.....you won't find a better website than iRV2. Good luck.....

Hhg
Old 01-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Consider the source??
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
Old 01-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Well said and stated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Anyone with an experienced eye to RVing lifestyle questions such as your Security Thread can clearly see what went wrong there and why.

You did not disclose enough information about your RV use in your initial question - and asked about security systems. You got mixed results covering a broad range of use. Campers saying they never needed it - tech types with ideas - folks interested and not based on their use not YOUR use.

You then went knee jerk and hopped on your soap box (your word), describing YOUR USE - and how others were rude for not having read your mind - or better still - you didn't like their responses even though they worked for them and THEIR USE.

When I read your second post and reaction, I looked for your Introduction Thread - not required of course - but to see what I could learn about you and your RV - RVIng history - etc. There was nothing there. I decided not to reply to that - but now I see you are leaving. Which btw - is not a required thread either.

So hear's a thought. Go to New Members - create an Intro Thread - tell us about yourself - your rig - why you are here - etc - instead of taking your ball and going home. Where we stand now - I don't care what you do because you seem to be as much a part of the problem as the replies you didn't like. It's your call - but be thoughtful here - do you honestly think in 13 or 14 posts you have sized the situation up and decided iRV2 is not worth your time? Well that may be right for you, but you're wrong. JMHO. Some need to be coddled. Some will coddle you. Some will tell it like it's. Some don't have a clue. Who are you?
Could not of said this better myself Steve! Nothing to add......I even posted and told this Gentleman I was sorry if I had offended him(I am not even sure if I needed to address this as my post was not rude, just a joking question)....with no reply.....so......Adios Amigo

Here is the thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/secur...cg-188502.html if anyone is interested in reading it.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I hated to see him leave.

I remember thinking that the response from rowan ova was fairly rude, I even commented on his post asking how that post helped the OP.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
So he posted asking a question about security. He had NO obligation whatsoever to post about why he wanted/needed it.
People here started berating him for wanting to have some in and around his rig.
When he responded with why then some berated him for not posting in the new members forum. This site does not require people to post there first like some others I have been on, so there was no reason for him to post there if he did not want to. There was no reason to berate him for not posting about his life story.
Then when he said something about it people again are berating him.

All he wanted was some information and very few were willing to help but most were quite willing to tell him to give up the RV if he wanted security. He was under no obligation to give reasons why he wanted it. It's not like he was asking about a control board for his fridge and was unwilling to give the make and model.

I can totally understand why he left and will now probably bad mouth this forum.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee
I hated to see him leave.

I remember thinking that the response from rowan ova was fairly rude, I even commented on his post asking how that post helped the OP.
And that's when the fight started.

You may also recall then that the OP was the only one to receive a Moderator Edit. So even with your guiding hand - it was the OP that stepped farthest out of line OFFICIALLY. And the OP took more than 1 to task with your backing. We are always better off when we leave the moderating, comments and guidance to the moderators. And that probably goes double here and includes egging folks on.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
So he posted asking a question about security. He had NO obligation whatsoever to post about why he wanted/needed it.
People here started berating him for wanting to have some in and around his rig.
When he responded with why then some berated him for not posting in the new members forum. This site does not require people to post there first like some others I have been on, so there was no reason for him to post there if he did not want to. There was no reason to berate him for not posting about his life story.
Then when he said something about it people again are berating him.

All he wanted was some information and very few were willing to help but most were quite willing to tell him to give up the RV if he wanted security. He was under no obligation to give reasons why he wanted it. It's not like he was asking about a control board for his fridge and was unwilling to give the make and model.

I can totally understand why he left and will now probably bad mouth this forum.
No one said "he was obligated" to post why he was asking this question, but don't you think if he had posted just a little more info., it might of helped with the reply's he received? I even posted this question to him, no reply.....
Old 01-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #37

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well he is gone now.....we can all stop going on about it. I sure will miss him/her. Besides it is cold in Missouri this time of year, in a few months he/she will thaw......
Old 01-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I guess I have a pretty thick skin too. I haven't been on this forum much, I post to several but being a woman motorhome owner and driver sometimes I get some rude responses too. I know I don't know, and likely some things I ask seem really silly to people. My husband helps me a lot
as he knows a lot about diesels and equipment but will admit there are some things he doesn't know about RV's. I have learned a ton from all the forums and I ignore the rude comments. And I've had some. Just the way it is, I just ignore it and glean the good parts. I worked as a construction accountant for years and I can tell you, you learn to let it roll off early or you weren't there long. Just how it is.

I plan on continuing to have a good time and that's what I'm doing!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I plan on continuing to have a good time and that's what I'm doing!
That is how it should be.
More power to ya and...
Happy trails!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 01-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Being a newbe myself I know where the guy is coming from,there are a lot of rude people in here,on the second or third post I ever had I ask a question and the first reply I got was(why don't you read your oweners manuel),i said ok,and theres been a lot just like that.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
This thread has run its course. Let's move on.

Lori-
Closed Thread

Tags