Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #15

One thing when looking at a MH might give you somewhat of a clue about quality. Look at the hatch doors on the side of the MH. If those hatch doors are flimsy what else that you can't see is lower in quality. Fleetwood has nice heavy hatch doors. Tiffin has nice heavy hatch doors. Tiffins have a fiber glass roof not rubber. You really need to look and compare all brands at RV shows. Once you start looking and not getting excited about fancy stuff inside you will start to see quality. JMHO but I would look at every RV not just MHs. Look at 5vers, and TTs. Not that you want one but you can learn about all of the RVs on the market. Where is the sewer dumps? Out where they can freeze? Depending on where you live or your type of life style that may make a difference.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #16

All brands have issues. Some have their quirks.

My advice to you is to consider this a driving machine above all other considerations. Drive many and narrow you search to those that drive well with safe handling characteristics.

Second, keep it simple. The more bells and whistles, the more points of potential failures and problems. So think about how you are going to use this thing, and make a list of your must haves and the things you could do without.

Good luck in your search.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome!
One thing to consider is the type of engine you are considering as in Diesel or Gas. I am a diesel pusher owner. My last two rigs has had the Spartan chassis. I really like the Xframe that Entegra Coach uses. I upgraded from a 2004 American Coach Eagle to a 2014 Entegra Anthem. Very happy with my purchase...
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #18

In my opinion, the engine type you choose (diesel or gas) depends a great deal on two things..First how much travelling do you intend to do and second the Gross weight (the coach, your belongings and your tow vehicle) you intend to move around. We have put 55,000 miles on our diesel coach in five years and at the last service (oil change etc) the report was "perfect operating condition". In addition diesel has the advantage of on board air tanks as well as very effective engine brakes. If on the other hand you are going for a lighter smaller unit the gas probably will suit your needs. Our unit is a 35ft Holiday Rambler Neptune (raised rail chassis, 4 air bags, 325 cummins diesel) and we averaged 9.8 miles per US gallon on our last year's 12000 mile trip from Ontario to Arizona then north through the mountains to Alaska and back to Ontario. That made for a lot of hill climbing and then back down. The very effective engine brake for down hills reduces the wear and tear on your wheel brakes. Just a thought.
Our Wings is offline   Reply With Quote