Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
New Member thanking you all!

Hi All, Must say I love this site! I registered a couple of months ago and found so much info I got right to work on my new-to-me '88 Bounder. She's 34' long, 454 (relatively new engine with about 4K miles). So far, I've mostly completed maintenance work, tune up, hoses, belts, fuses, breakers, outside running light lenses, rear bumper (old one was dented and rusted) new batteries, some serious cleaning on the inside and getting ready to clean the outside. I've started to rip up the ancient carpet and will re-carpet the cab and bedroom. I plan on putting down some resilient wood looking vinyl planks in the kitchen and bathroom.

I am so glad I found this site and want to say Thank You to all that post here and share their wealth of knowledge and experiences. At first, it was a little daunting, but with each completed project, I'm more and more anxious to get to the next one.

Thanks to all again, Lisa
BounderRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lisa and

Sounds like you've gotten into quite a project of love. I'll bet your rig loves the TLC you're providing and this forum is a great source of knowledge for us all!

We're glad you're here.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks!

Yes, it's a project. I think I rescued her just in time. For the most part, she's in great shape. The POs bought a 5th wheel so the Bounder went up for sale. They did a few mickey-mouse quick fixes that I addressed immediately. I'm in the process of going through every system doing maintenance and safety checking. What I really want to do is cosmetic stuff, but safety comes first. I plan on traveling to Georgia for the Labor Day race at AMS and hopefully a few other Nascar races.

Thank you for the welcome.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #4

Lisa, Welcome and congrats on the Bounder. If you do some searches on here you'll find a wealth of info on projects that have been done. Lots of floor replacements, etc...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BounderRVer View Post
I'm in the process of going through every system doing maintenance and safety checking.
I'm sure you will find that all of this work up front will put you way ahead in the long run. As you travel, you will already be familiar with all of your systems and not have to "learn on the fly" like so many of us did.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Lisa, Welcome and congrats on the Bounder. If you do some searches on here you'll find a wealth of info on projects that have been done. Lots of floor replacements, etc...
So true! That and all the great info that doesn't come in a
manual. I've been able to find the missing manuals that didn't come with the MoHo. The personal experiences and solid advice about repairing/replacing parts have been a gold mine. I have searched other sites, but iRV2 has been the best. I look forward to picking a few more brains.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Lisa and welcome to our group. If you haven't found it already, I want to point you in the direction of the Bounder sub group in the Fleetwood section of the forum. Also, there is a very active Bounder owners group on Yahoo. I know Clifftal is an active member and should be around soon to guide you to that site.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks ElkhartJim,

I tried becoming a member of that yahoo bounder group as so many on this site suggested it. After 45 minutes, I got a response that said I was denied! On what grounds? No answer. I haven't found a question yet that this site hasn't answered. What's the criteria for the Yahoo Bounder site? Is my Bonnie too old? lol.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh, BTW, my little Maltese's name is Roxy. Her favorite place in the Motorhome is on the dash where she can keep her eye on everything I'm doing.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #10

Lisa, I have a son in Chandler,AZ who has been rock climbing for years. Have done it with him when we go out to visit. Lots of fun. Saw your Avatar and thought maybe you rock climb also...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
liza----have manuels ,for everthing in my 89 bounder 34ft if you need anyyhing ill copy and send to you
Old 07-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #12

As you see there are a lot of caring people on this site. Welcome. You will find a wealth of information here. Good travels!
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
Lisa, I have a son in Chandler,AZ who has been rock climbing for years. Have done it with him when we go out to visit. Lots of fun. Saw your Avatar and thought maybe you rock climb also...
I have done a little rock climbing since the lift, lower gears and the ARB system was installed. I am more comfortable on trails, though. I use the Jeep for work as well when I have to travel to the high country, especially in winter with all the snow. The avatar was taken on a trip to Chemeketan same summer after I rolled it 3 times. I had to get back on that horse if you know what I mean. No more of the hard core stuff, gotta keep the rubber side down. We drove it home that day so its all good. She will be my toad when I go full time.

Lisa
Old 07-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy14 View Post
liza----have manuels ,for everthing in my 89 bounder 34ft if you need anyyhing ill copy and send to you
Thank you Grumpy14! Do you by any chance have a Kohler 7000 generator, Model # 7CMZ21 with a K582EP engine? I downloaded the manual for the Generator thanks to links from this site, but am having a hard time finding a specific manual for the engine. I downloaded one that combines 4 different engines, the K532, K552, K582 and the K662, but the is very little info on the K582 which is the one I have. So far, I have changed the oil, air filter and one spark plug. I'm having trouble finding the second spark plug, even with a mirror. I did replace the switch which was apparently defective and Kohler came out with a replacement part. That resolved the issue of it not continuing to run after I released the start switch.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your offer.
Lisa