Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
New Members from upstate NY Saying Hello!

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. My wife and I have
had a TT for the last 5 yrs before finding a very clean
1998 Winnebago Adventurer. We are looking forward
to our first trip in it. I know we will have some questions being new at a Class A MH. Looking forward to reading the helpful hints and hopefully meeting new friends.

Jim and Mary P.
__________________

__________________
jimandmaryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 18,073
Hi Jim & Mary P and welcome to IRV2. Where abouts in upstate NY are you? My wife and I are originally from Rome, but also lived in the Poughkeepsie area for 12 years. Have been Florida residents since 1977, but still have friends and family in upstate NY.
__________________

__________________
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Roamer [Gary] View Post
Hi Jim & Mary P and welcome to IRV2. Where abouts in upstate NY are you? My wife and I are originally from Rome, but also lived in the Poughkeepsie area for 12 years. Have been Florida residents since 1977, but still have friends and family in upstate NY.
Hi, we live in Highland. It is near New Paltz and Poughkeepise. Life long residents here
__________________
jimandmaryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
DGShaffer's Avatar
 
Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmaryp View Post
Hi, we live in Highland. It is near New Paltz and Poughkeepise. Life long residents here
I moved to Jersey in 97 but before that Kingston, Shokan, Wappingers, born in Beacon! I regularly travel up that way to ride the motorcycle. Some of the best riding in the east is up your way. My wife likes to head into New Paltz to visit the "Groovy Shops".

Nice to meet the neighbors! Welcome.
__________________
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 507
welcome to the Forum, G
__________________
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I moved to Jersey in 97 but before that Kingston, Shokan, Wappingers, born in Beacon! I regularly travel up that way to ride the motorcycle. Some of the best riding in the east is up your way. My wife likes to head into New Paltz to visit the "Groovy Shops".

Nice to meet the neighbors! Welcome.

Yes we live just 3 miles from New Paltz. Nice to hear from a neighbor.
It is quite beautiful up this way, close to the cities but far enough away.
Going over the Shawangunks is a good ride. Mohonk, Minnewaska trails.

Enjoyed viewing your website ... excellent job
Nice to see some places Mary and I have gone to...Lake George, and Maine. We are looking forward to our trip with out MH this summer. Heading to Mid-Coast Maine. We have relatives there.
Take Care and nice hearing from you!!
Jim and Mary
__________________
jimandmaryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Doris's Avatar
 
Nor'easters Club
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,732
Hi Jim and Mary, and welcome! Be sure to check out the NorEasters, in the area at the bottom of the forum under regional chapters. We have a rally coming up in VT this spring, and you are welcome to join us! We are celebrating our 10th year as a group this year. We all met right here, on IRV2.
This is definately the place to find answers for any RV questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmaryp View Post
Just wanted to say HI to everyone. My wife and I have
had a TT for the last 5 yrs before finding a very clean
1998 Winnebago Adventurer. We are looking forward
to our first trip in it. I know we will have some questions being new at a Class A MH. Looking forward to reading the helpful hints and hopefully meeting new friends.

Jim and Mary P.
__________________
Chevy Silverado/Holiday Rambler
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Member
 
Mocha Latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ulster Park, NY
Posts: 58
Hi Jim and Mary,

My wife and I just became new members. We live in Ulster Park and have been absent from RVing for the last 10 years but just purchased a MH in December. Our first rig was an 18 ft. Shasta that we bought in 1986. After that we went to a '77 Argosy TT and then a 27' Coachmen Leprechaun. We sold the Coachmen in 2000 due to some career changes that would have limited our abiltity to use it. Since that time we often expressed how much we missed the RV and hoped someday we could get back into it. I guess we couldn't hold out any longer. The MH we bought is old but seems to be well taken care of. I'll be spending the next month or so going through it to see what needs attention. Glad to see someone on this forum so close to home.
__________________
Mocha Latte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
AL
Senior Member
 
AL's Avatar
 
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL
Posts: 2,491
Hi Jim & Mary,

Welcome to iRV2 and I second what Doris says about the Nor Easters!! Oh and that goes to others on here as well!!!
__________________
AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Latte View Post
Hi Jim and Mary,

My wife and I just became new members. We live in Ulster Park and have been absent from RVing for the last 10 years but just purchased a MH in December. Our first rig was an 18 ft. Shasta that we bought in 1986. After that we went to a '77 Argosy TT and then a 27' Coachmen Leprechaun. We sold the Coachmen in 2000 due to some career changes that would have limited our abiltity to use it. Since that time we often expressed how much we missed the RV and hoped someday we could get back into it. I guess we couldn't hold out any longer. The MH we bought is old but seems to be well taken care of. I'll be spending the next month or so going through it to see what needs attention. Glad to see someone on this forum so close to home.
Hi Neighbor. Just up the road from us!
We had a TT for the past 5 years. Mary had some heath issues last year and we decided it would be much easier to have MH. So traded in the TT and the sigh... the F250(miss it!!) and got the MH. It too is older but well
maintained. Looking forward to taking it out on our maiden voyage. Sounds like we are in the same boat as to MHs. We can share our trials and tribulations together!!
__________________
jimandmaryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Hi Al and Doris. Thank you so much for your responses and warm welcome. Mary and I are looking forward to meeting new friends and share experiences here.
__________________
jimandmaryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
John H...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Johnstown, PA USA
Posts: 3,325
Jim and Mary, welcome to the forum and congrats on your first MH. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and you have come to the right place if you have questions. John H...
__________________

__________________
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Converting Guests to Members and Disable Right Column Andy R Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns 18 09-04-2011 12:49 PM
How many ACTIVE members? NLOVNIT Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns 21 04-28-2010 08:29 AM
AARP Members retired wagonmaster2 Just Conversation 36 05-27-2009 07:26 AM
An open letter to all ACA members dgerstel Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 5 03-24-2008 12:45 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.