Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #1

New Members from upstate NY Saying Hello!

Just wanted to say HI to everyone. My wife and I have
had a TT for the last 5 yrs before finding a very clean
1998 Winnebago Adventurer. We are looking forward
to our first trip in it. I know we will have some questions being new at a Class A MH. Looking forward to reading the helpful hints and hopefully meeting new friends.

Jim and Mary P.
jimandmaryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jim & Mary P and welcome to IRV2. Where abouts in upstate NY are you? My wife and I are originally from Rome, but also lived in the Poughkeepsie area for 12 years. Have been Florida residents since 1977, but still have friends and family in upstate NY.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Roamer [Gary] View Post
Hi Jim & Mary P and welcome to IRV2. Where abouts in upstate NY are you? My wife and I are originally from Rome, but also lived in the Poughkeepsie area for 12 years. Have been Florida residents since 1977, but still have friends and family in upstate NY.
Hi, we live in Highland. It is near New Paltz and Poughkeepise. Life long residents here
Old 03-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmaryp View Post
Hi, we live in Highland. It is near New Paltz and Poughkeepise. Life long residents here
I moved to Jersey in 97 but before that Kingston, Shokan, Wappingers, born in Beacon! I regularly travel up that way to ride the motorcycle. Some of the best riding in the east is up your way. My wife likes to head into New Paltz to visit the "Groovy Shops".

Nice to meet the neighbors! Welcome.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #5

welcome to the Forum, G
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I moved to Jersey in 97 but before that Kingston, Shokan, Wappingers, born in Beacon! I regularly travel up that way to ride the motorcycle. Some of the best riding in the east is up your way. My wife likes to head into New Paltz to visit the "Groovy Shops".

Nice to meet the neighbors! Welcome.

Yes we live just 3 miles from New Paltz. Nice to hear from a neighbor.
It is quite beautiful up this way, close to the cities but far enough away.
Going over the Shawangunks is a good ride. Mohonk, Minnewaska trails.

Enjoyed viewing your website ... excellent job
Nice to see some places Mary and I have gone to...Lake George, and Maine. We are looking forward to our trip with out MH this summer. Heading to Mid-Coast Maine. We have relatives there.
Take Care and nice hearing from you!!
Jim and Mary
Old 03-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Hi Jim and Mary, and welcome! Be sure to check out the NorEasters, in the area at the bottom of the forum under regional chapters. We have a rally coming up in VT this spring, and you are welcome to join us! We are celebrating our 10th year as a group this year. We all met right here, on IRV2.
This is definately the place to find answers for any RV questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmaryp View Post
Just wanted to say HI to everyone. My wife and I have
had a TT for the last 5 yrs before finding a very clean
1998 Winnebago Adventurer. We are looking forward
to our first trip in it. I know we will have some questions being new at a Class A MH. Looking forward to reading the helpful hints and hopefully meeting new friends.

Jim and Mary P.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #8

Hi Jim and Mary,

My wife and I just became new members. We live in Ulster Park and have been absent from RVing for the last 10 years but just purchased a MH in December. Our first rig was an 18 ft. Shasta that we bought in 1986. After that we went to a '77 Argosy TT and then a 27' Coachmen Leprechaun. We sold the Coachmen in 2000 due to some career changes that would have limited our abiltity to use it. Since that time we often expressed how much we missed the RV and hoped someday we could get back into it. I guess we couldn't hold out any longer. The MH we bought is old but seems to be well taken care of. I'll be spending the next month or so going through it to see what needs attention. Glad to see someone on this forum so close to home.
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Jim & Mary,

Welcome to iRV2 and I second what Doris says about the Nor Easters!! Oh and that goes to others on here as well!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Latte View Post
Hi Jim and Mary,

My wife and I just became new members. We live in Ulster Park and have been absent from RVing for the last 10 years but just purchased a MH in December. Our first rig was an 18 ft. Shasta that we bought in 1986. After that we went to a '77 Argosy TT and then a 27' Coachmen Leprechaun. We sold the Coachmen in 2000 due to some career changes that would have limited our abiltity to use it. Since that time we often expressed how much we missed the RV and hoped someday we could get back into it. I guess we couldn't hold out any longer. The MH we bought is old but seems to be well taken care of. I'll be spending the next month or so going through it to see what needs attention. Glad to see someone on this forum so close to home.
Hi Neighbor. Just up the road from us!
We had a TT for the past 5 years. Mary had some heath issues last year and we decided it would be much easier to have MH. So traded in the TT and the sigh... the F250(miss it!!) and got the MH. It too is older but well
maintained. Looking forward to taking it out on our maiden voyage. Sounds like we are in the same boat as to MHs. We can share our trials and tribulations together!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #11

Hi Al and Doris. Thank you so much for your responses and warm welcome. Mary and I are looking forward to meeting new friends and share experiences here.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #12

Jim and Mary, welcome to the forum and congrats on your first MH. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and you have come to the right place if you have questions. John H...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote