Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #1

Hello to all. We are Dennis and Kathy, we have two beautiful daughters from China - Emma Kathleen Chun Feng 6 years old and Hailey Fu Ai Ni 3 years old.

We purchased a new 2005 George Boy, 34', 2 slides, Landau this past August from Premier RV in Clarksville Indiana and learned in January that they had closed their doors after years of operation. Now we feel like 2nd calss RV owners when attempting to have warranty work done at another dealer in our area. We were invited to use the service department at the largest RV dealership in our area for warranty work by the owner - but the service department just isn't very customer friendly or compitent (so far).

We are happy to have found this forum and look forward to sharing information. If anyone knows of a great dealership that can work on our Workhorse/GMC Vortec/Landau please let us know.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #2

Hello to all. We are Dennis and Kathy, we have two beautiful daughters from China - Emma Kathleen Chun Feng 6 years old and Hailey Fu Ai Ni 3 years old.

We purchased a new 2005 George Boy, 34', 2 slides, Landau this past August from Premier RV in Clarksville Indiana and learned in January that they had closed their doors after years of operation. Now we feel like 2nd calss RV owners when attempting to have warranty work done at another dealer in our area. We were invited to use the service department at the largest RV dealership in our area for warranty work by the owner - but the service department just isn't very customer friendly or compitent (so far).

We are happy to have found this forum and look forward to sharing information. If anyone knows of a great dealership that can work on our Workhorse/GMC Vortec/Landau please let us know.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Dennis&Kathy and two adopted to irv2.
Congrats on your new MH and your new lifestyle best way to go with family.
You should have many Workhorse service centers around your area as to dealers many of us take care of our own coachs for in house stuff and we are here to help if you have any questions.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
Many safe and happy miles.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Dennis, Kathy and family, welcome to irv2.com. We are glad to have you join us and hope to be able to help in answering any questions you have. I am sure you will enjoy the website and hope you will be an active participant of the forum. Good luck, take care and stay safe.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #5

I'd bet it has nothing to do with where you bought the coach. The service folks where I bought my coach, General RV, just seem to be surly all the time. Same with the retail stores. Seems to me that polite, friendly customer service is in a sharp decline. At least in the midwest.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dennis & Kathy Parents to two China Doll:

We are happy to have found this forum and look forward to sharing information. If anyone knows of a great dealership that can work on our Workhorse/GMC Vortec/Landau please let us know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi dennis, i just was wondering how you are doing with your landau, as we are thinking of getting one also, bill
Old 04-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Dennis & Kathy Parents to two China Doll...
Welcome to IRV2.
I am sorry to hear about your dealership going BK...and becoming an orphan customer..I am sure the feeling is similar to how your daughters might have felt originally.

You may want to contact the owner and let him know you feel like a step-child ... and then if nothing changes -send a lettr to the manufacturer and CC a copy to him.

Good luck and enjoy ...
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 AM   #8

Thank you for the welcome messages.

Adventurer
I think you may be accurate with your assessment of the "customer friendly" status of the RV service department we are using. They actually seem to change from one day to the next. Nothing very professional in their business attitude toward their customers. Our coach is currently in thier shop with the large bedroom slideout setting on the floor beside the unit. We had noticed a wet carpet when it rained and the room was extended. I looked at the underside of the extended room and noticed that the sealed bottom had a 3 or 4 inch cut in it. Well it turns out that the roller (1 of 3) was not round but egg shaped and the iron bracket holding it in place was cutting the bottom of the room. Now we are hoping that Georgie Boy gets the replacement parts to the service department in the near future.

MonacoMama
Thank you for the suggestion and we do intend to talk to management and/or the owner if the problems continue. Currently things seem OK and I want our coach back as soon as possible so I am not going to make an issue of it unless I need to.

BillB
We really do like our Landau in general. We especially like the fully body colors. One favorite thing in our 34DS model is the large bedroom slideout where the queen bed and 3 fully size closets all slide out together. This gives us a lot of floor space in the bedroom and/or the bathroom (where ever needed at a given time). Two ducted air conditioners and furnaces are great also. There are a few things that we would like to be different. Shoulder straps for the seat belts on the two front seats would at least make us feel a bit safer. The digital read out information on the dash control instruments are not very clear and sure could benefit from an increase in contrast. But generally we are thrilled with the unit.

I apologize for responding to several messages at the same time but I am not able to check the site daily and wanted to reply to all.

Our daughters really love traveling and camping in "Their" motorhome and wake up each morning going to their window to see if "My" motorhome is back home from the shop. Hopefully we will be able to make a trip in the near future. It sure is hard to spend a beautiful weekend at home waithing for the repairs to be completed.

We wish you all the best