Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #1

New RV Family

We are excited to add our new 2011 AC Revolution 42W to our family. We have two children and are thrilled to be making these new memories.

I must admit, getting a new license (class b) and making it through some huge
first glitches have made me question my purchase, we are committed to having fun with our new roaming vacation home. I have visited this site a bit. I would love to hear from other American Coach owners.
Jgehrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome, and welcome to rving. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach and welcome to IRV2!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Love your new coach. My husband and I bought the same one several months ago. Same colors too. Have you taken your maiden voyage yet? We have never owned a motorhome before and we went for the big one. We have had large boats in the past. So this is a big change for us. We have taken several short trips and plan to head to the mountains in a few weeks in NC.

Happy trails.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcome! Congrats on your new coach and hope you have many memorable trips in it.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #6

Congratulations on the new rig!
Wishing y'all many happy miles!
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Welcome to the Revolution!

As of about three weeks ago ours is our home (sold the stick & brick).

Feel free to PM with any questions that may pop up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00206.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	14069  
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new RV...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, nice coach. Enjoy
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigthee
Love your new coach. My husband and I bought the same one several months ago. Same colors too. Have you taken your maiden voyage yet? We have never owned a motorhome before and we went for the big one. We have had large boats in the past. So this is a big change for us. We have taken several short trips and plan to head to the mountains in a few weeks in NC.

Happy trails.
We have had it out twice and are going through the new coach blues. Lots of little issues, some strange problems with electrical and believe it or not the drain line to the washing machine shattered causing some flooding. We have had weird chassis issues too, but we love it so much we are working through it all. We had the table and chairs converted to a booth and now we sleep 8, which with the kids we love. I am most impressed with AC Customer support and how they have been there for us. We bought out of state as California really misses the mark for RV Dealerships.

I am looking forward to going out for my birthday with just my wife to borrego springs in California in October. Any tips or tricks you found? Can we take it to the snow?

Justin
Old 09-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe

So beautiful. Any tips or tricks you have found? Is yours a 2011? Any regrets?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #12

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRev11

We have had it out twice and are going through the new coach blues. Lots of little issues, some strange problems with electrical and believe it or not the drain line to the washing machine shattered causing some flooding. We have had weird chassis issues too, but we love it so much we are working through it all. We had the table and chairs converted to a booth and now we sleep 8, which with the kids we love. I am most impressed with AC Customer support and how they have been there for us. We bought out of state as California really misses the mark for RV Dealerships.

I am looking forward to going out for my birthday with just my wife to borrego springs in California in October. Any tips or tricks you found? Can we take it to the snow?

Justin
Justin,

We have had a few issues as well. Front shade motor went bad and the driver panel went out last week. No speedometer or controls. Apparently a recall that we need to have fixed. Nothing like having the app on my phone to give us our speed coming back from PA. We bought from a dealership in Ashland, VA and they are fantastic.

We are taking our first long trip in a few weeks to the mountains in NC. Peak time for the leaves in the Blue Ridge Mts. We were in a park over labor day and had a steep hill to climb (gravel) and it climbs like a charm. Love the turning raidious on this bus. My husband had never driven anything this large and was a bit nervous. Every ride he is more comfortable.

Great idea to convert the table. It's rather tight on the right side of the table to site.

Not sure about the snow. Let me know what you find out. Have a great birthday celebration and have one for me.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRev11 View Post

Justin
Welcome to the club. We've had our share of warranty issues too. In a few weeks it'll be making it's third trip back to Decatur (the factory) for warranty repairs. Now we're down to the merely annoying rather than the infuriating. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, poor workmanship is endemic to the industry, it is not exclusive to Fleetwood/American Coach. The difference is how you're treated while trying to get things 'ship shape'. The American Coach service department have been good to work with.

Can't help on the snow question. I have no intentions of exposing myself to any more winter weather, nor to exposing the coach to road salt.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe

Are you loving your new home? I never get tired of staying in mine. You are living my dream. Happy travels.