Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #1

New to everything

Well if you not guess I am probably one of the younger people here. Lets put it this way I just turned 30 In Jan, my wife is younger than me and I have 7 and 4 year old.

I purchased my grandparents RV after my grandfather passed away this last Jan as my grandmother can't drive it. So I am learning as I got. I do have a decent mechanical ability as I am Active Duty Air Force working on Combat Search and Rescue Helicopters.

The RV is a 1995 Safari Sahara, and God rest my grandfather but as his health declined so did his quality of repairs. The first Issue I noticed was the wiper wash system was not really spraying but more or less dribbling, After $25 and 8 differant RV dealerships/part stors/auto stores I finally got the Dyna Wet Arm system componets needed to repair it.

As I am going through this RV I am finding more and more things that need repaired or don't work. It has 188K miles on it so it has been well used, lucky for me the Eng and Trans are in great condition, minus the muffler system. I guess I will go ahead and get a post up about my next task and see if someone can help me out. I guess I won't let this be to long winded. Thank you in advance for help everyone is going to giving me.

~Rob
YoungOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy and Glad you joined us and hope you find the information you may need down the road from the many fine people here. Hope all goes well and enjoy all your future adventures. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Howdy and Glad you joined us and hope you find the information you may need down the road from the many fine people here. Hope all goes well and enjoy all your future adventures. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!
Thank you I appreciate it, it seems like there are a lot of great people here who are willing to share their knowledge and help others.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi Rob, welcome to IRV2 and Thank You for your service to our country. Good Luck fixing up your MH. You and your family will have many great adventures with it and fond memories of your Grandfather as well. Hope you can get out and enjoy soon.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum and happy travels,

Van.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #7

Hey Rob, Put a rotor on that thing and you will be the talk of any rally you attend.

Welcome to the board.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hello and welcome to iRV2.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #9

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looks like I will be putting it through it's first real test here in a couple more months. I am PCSing from Nellis AFB to Tinker AFB. For thsoe of you not partial to military lingo a PCS is a Permanant Change of Station. Basicly I am moving from Las Vegas, NV to Okalhoma City Area and will be living out of my RV for about a month and a half as my Houshold goods get shipped by the military from one place to the othere.

Anyone got any checklist that they use to make sure the rig is good to go prior to leaving?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Try this thread. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/check-lists-120214.html. Hope your PCS goes smooth and thanks for your Service to our Country!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #11

Wow! Woopee! A young guy RVing. This is wonderful. First off, everything in a RV is either broken or on the way to being broken, so don't get discouraged in any way. Thanks very much for your service. I am a veteran of the USAF. I was a LOX guy. Had a lot of fun, met a lot of great mechanics. Good luck and I hope you get to go driving with your family soon.
Bob C.
Gulf Stream 40' Jeep Wrangler toad.
bgc44a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #12

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungOne
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looks like I will be putting it through it's first real test here in a couple more months. I am PCSing from Nellis AFB to Tinker AFB. For thsoe of you not partial to military lingo a PCS is a Permanant Change of Station. Basicly I am moving from Las Vegas, NV to Okalhoma City Area and will be living out of my RV for about a month and a half as my Houshold goods get shipped by the military from one place to the othere.

Anyone got any checklist that they use to make sure the rig is good to go prior to leaving?
Since you're moving to Oklahoma, join the Oklahoma boomers on this site. Also checkout the link below for the family campground on base. You should be able to stay there in your rig until you get housing.
http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/mi...er-afb-famcamp
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #13

Solo Rvers Club
Welcome you came to the right place you will be an expert in know time.
fsteve65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and

Enjoy the new MH
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote