Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #1

Question New to forum

Old country boy from South Georgia. Had a c class in the 90s and an A class in early 2000s. Been out of the business for last 8 years. Looking for a TT now. Got me a 2012 Tundra 5.7 so I thought I might give it a go again . Would appreciate any advice about a good TT on a retired budget . We intend on going out west in the fall with 2 dogs and a cat.
Lakelover49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2016, 11:13 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Glad to have you join us here.

You'll need all the tow rating numbers out of your owners manual and a read through info in this post. To help decide what weight a TT to look at.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f45/tow-v...ors-89375.html
Old 07-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
WELCOME to the forum. You are in good hands now...no more worries! "None of us is as smart as all of us". Now you are one of us.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:43 AM   #4

I just joined

Just got a Diesel Pusher 2004 Itasca Horizon, and have a ton of questions even after reading and studying all the instruction books etc that came with RV and spending hours on the web, so I joined this forum looks like a great one, but to get to the point, I wanted to first find out the part numbers for the 8.3 Cummings filters, oil, fuel, air, but the threads I looked at on fuel filters, I didn't want to change subject to much as that was about microns of filtration. so I went to start a new thread and being new I can,t see where on home page to do that, can some one please clue me in, PS I tend to miss the obvious at times and by the way I went to the Cummings web site for answers and could not manage to find it there, except maybe with a serial number of RV which I don't know where to find either.
Norails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:47 AM   #5

Need info

I don't see where to start new thread and can't find thread that would answer question using key words I tried, can you clue me in?
Old 07-21-2016, 02:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norails View Post
I don't see where to start new thread and can't find thread that would answer question using key words I tried, can you clue me in?
Had another question and wanted to understand what the "quote" button was for got it I guess, question is when I went to thread on fuel filters and it was about what micron filters to use I thought about asking my question of part numbers with a follow up on best place to buy online, but I wondered if I was too much off subject to be polite or within rules, would it have been?
Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 AM   #7
YC1

Quote:
Just got a Diesel Pusher 2004 Itasca Horizon, and have a ton of questions even after reading and studying all the instruction books etc that came with RV and spending hours on the web, so I joined this forum looks like a great one, but to get to the point, I wanted to first find out the part numbers for the 8.3 Cummings filters, oil, fuel, air, but the threads I looked at on fuel filters, I didn't want to change subject to much as that was about microns of filtration. so I went to start a new thread and being new I can,t see where on home page to do that, can some one please clue me in, PS I tend to miss the obvious at times and by the way I went to the Cummings web site for answers and could not manage to find it there, except maybe with a serial number of RV which I don't know where to find either.

Welcome you two. You have come to the best rv forum around. To quote someone, just click the quote button and then start typing below it. Scroll down when down and click submit reply.

Starting a new thread is a bit confusing. You must first go to the top and enter into an area such as RV forums, or Owners forums for example. Once you do that you can find the new thread box. It is a bit down and to the left.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:22 AM   #8

Old 07-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #11

New to the form

Hello my name is Joe and I am new to RVing. I have a 5th Wheel and my wife and I absolutely enjoy it. We both a looking forward to retirement and purchased the RV to get used to it and work out all the bugs.

Hi everyone.
cephuslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephuslie View Post
Hello my name is Joe and I am new to RVing. I have a 5th Wheel and my wife and I absolutely enjoy it. We both a looking forward to retirement and purchased the RV to get used to it and work out all the bugs.

Hi everyone.
Joe , Welcome to iRV2.

Glad to have you join us here.
A little hint ; it's always best to start a new thread ( post ) rather than add a post to someone else's, unless you replying to the original question or in this case a new member's first post. Many members will only read the original post and then respond, so your first post could easily be lost as members reply to Lakelover 49.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Welcome to iRV2.

It took me about 3 weeks to get comfortable working around the forums.

Many questions about posting are answered by clicking the " FAQ " drop box in the dark blue bar , across the page under the Google search box.

To post questions in a specific forum " Cummins Engines" for example, hover your cursor on the " RV Forums " drop box under the rally picture across the top of the page and under " Powertrain Garage " click " Cummins Engines " when that page opens , just above the first post in the left corner , click " New Thread" and type your question in the box that opens, include make model and year info to insure you get the answers your after.

Safe travels.

Tags
forum