Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #1

New to forum and ready to purchase

Hello everyone,
I am ready to purchase a Class C which will get about 10,000 miles a year. We are a family of 6 and really want to teach our kids the nations history.

I've owned many class C's before, mainly Toyota Sunraders and Toyota Motorhomes. Recently I got a bug and started to convert a 1972 AVCO. Its a rare bird, all fiberglass and because of that very dry inside. I was going to convert it to a 6bt / NV4500 Diesel and possibly put a 2 speed rear end in it.

My wife was ok with that, but after looking and researching the Jayco Seneca 36FS Bunkhouse with the Duramax Diesel, I couldn't pick up the wrench any more. There is so much room with the slide out option and the AVCO... which was well ahead of its time isn't going to do this.

I want to go Class C - 2 in the over head bunk and two in the bunks. This way we won't have to remake beds every day. Its either the Jayco Seneca 36FS or a brand new 2009 Gulf Stream Super Max Silver Bullet. I found this on ebay.

I have it waiting for me in Kentuky and I will likely get it, however another member here said I should reach out to this forum and see if there is anything wrong with this coach. I think Keiths advice is wise.

Here is the link for informational purposes only.
WOW09 SUPER C MAX SILVER BULLET DIESEL RV BUNKHOUSE: eBay Motors (item 290492932971 end time Oct-31-10 13:50:49 PDT)

The auction is ended and it is not for sale, the dealer is holding it for me.

There is very little about this coach out there. Gulf stream has a brochure for the 2010 model and after talking with a sales rep at Gulf Stream, he said they only made 20 of these units. http://www.conquestmotorhomes.com/ (click on the top picture for stats)

It comes with an ISB Cummins 305hp diesel engine with a Dodge 5500 truck chassis. Gulf stream says it can get up to 16mph. However the interior is what appeals to me. The bunkhouse model.

I really don't know much about this particular unit and hope some of you may. I really appreciate any discussion good or bad on the route I'm going.

Sorry for the long post! An please move this thread to the appropriate area if I posted in the wrong spot

Cheers,

Mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Mike

I think the super max is a nice looking C. Believe you will create alot of memories for the family with it.

jack

Old 11-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #3

For your family it would appear to have a good layout and I can see why it appeals. I can't offer any insights on the chassis/engine etc. 16 would seem "unbelievable" mileage but as you say..it's the layout that appeals.
I hope you have loads of fun and wonderful memories.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #4

Looks like I'll be picking it up this weekend. JUMP FOR JOY!
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
That is a great looking RV. Try to get the dealer to throw in a r5 tracvision in motion satelite receiver and your kids will think you are the greatest dad ever. When got our first one it was the best family time ever and made lots of memories. I'm sure you will too.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #6

got it

We picked a different one up about a month ago. It is a 2010, but it has some parking lot wear and tear.

Torn awning over the bedroom slide
2" rip in linoleum from living room slide
some creases in the night shades
Backup camera didn't work
MIA Battery kill switch (drains the battery)
Chipped table
Slide possibly out of alignment, etc.

It had 1600 ish miles on it and we picked it up in SLC.

We are working with Steve from Gulf Stream Coach to get these things squared away. I really hope they get settled soon though. I hear it can be a drawn out process waiting for parts.

For the most part we are very happy with it, but won't use it for another 3-4 months till we can get some good weather here in the PNW!
nwcanopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
nwcanopies

If your in the pnw, go to the Northwest Region thread on iRV2 and read about a meet and greet in may 2011. Come join us and show off your new rig.

Jack