Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
New to iRV2 Southwest Washington

I have been boat forever and just decided to give RVing a try, we have been all over the NW in boats and realized that we haven't even seen parks in our owen back yard, like Yellowstone and Grand Cayon.. So bought a coach and are doing it by the weekends until we get a few trips under our belts and then we will take a little trip for a couple of weeks,

mlafarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Welcome to iRV2. We are glad you joined us. I was a boater all my life until I purchased my first RV in 1992. It was the best change I ever made in my life. Post often and share your travel experiences with us. Don't be afraid to ask questions as we have a great group here who like to help when they can.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
When we first considerd RV or boat (in Anacortes there is a preponderance of boats), it was our conclusion that one big rock covered in fir trees looked a lot like any other. Since we aren't interested in fishing (DW's favorite seafood is salt-water taffy), a boat seemed like a dumb idea. After all, how can you get to Zion, Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc., in a boat?

After 2 seasons in an old (1985) 26' Class C which we dumped 6 years ago, we're finally able to get back into the RV life and very much looking forward to it.

We're still weighing up options and are beginning to consider we should wait for all the folks who decide "we're not going to pay winter storage on this thing when we hardly ever use it". There might be some really good deals in October!

Frank Damp
Anacortes, WA
frankdamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
We just got back from our first real trip, we live in Cathlamet, Wa. and we went to Yellowstone Park, had a wounder full time and everything worked really great.. Yellowstone is fabulous and you are right you just can't see those things in a boat.. Mike
Old 10-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Glad to hear your trip went well, you picked a nice rig.

We've not been to Yellowstone for 20 years and were just talking about taking another trip in early June, next year. Sold our boat this year in anticipation of selling the house, and buying our 'retirement' rig.

It's probably been even longer since we've been back to the state of Washington, where I was born (Seattle) and where my grandparents spent the last few decades of their lives. They are both buried in Newport, north of Spokane. The state will be on our post retirement, gotta visit list.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Thanks we are really enjoying it. I loved boating but it just seems like we do so much more in the coach.. Mike and Marsha
Old 10-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Newmar Owners Club
Welcome aboard, a wealth of knowledge, and information available here. Always nice to Washingtonians here on the forum.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"
2008 Newmar VTDP - 3330 - ISBXT 350 Spartan NVS
Toad - 2013 Mini Cooper S or 93 Nissan 4WD PU
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
welcome Mike and Marsha

we are larry & peter
from vancouver, bc
and do a lot of camping in WA - love it!

regards, peter

peter & larry... tiffin 2015 allegro 36LA ~ chevy 2009 HHR tow
we're here... http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=12260
our blog... http://wllrtr.tumblr.com
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote